Spring and summer boating type striped blazer to make me stand out from the riff raff...help me decide

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Sadly the plus fours have disappeared. The owner of the shop told me today that it looks like someone has literally walked out with them without paying! How he/she nicked them I don't know. They were too thick/baggy to take into the changing room then put their own pants over them and walk out. We have stuff stolen quite often. Earlier in the year a 300 quid original price pair of sunglasses on sale for £50 had only been in the shop window an hour when they disappeared. Seriously, there are some very sneaky thieves in Accrington! 🧐 The shop's owner says CCTV isn't worth the cost and 'would put people off coming in' if he installed it. He also said that even when caught and prosecuted they rarely have to pay compensation to the shop owner.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I found this in the shop yesterday. It fits almost perfectly. The only slightly obvious signs of wear and tear are on the middle chest button hole and the buttons themselves which are slightly faded. I could put a bit of shoe polish on them and buff them up with a cloth, but I think the faded/worn affect looks better, as with all buttons on tweed jackets. There's a sewing and repairs shop five minutes from my flat that could tidy up the frayed button hole for a fiver.

Looking at the maker's history http://tweedlandthegentlemansclub.blogspot.com/2019/09/bladen-supersax-great-british-attire.html I'd say it's very well made and worth the £25 I paid for it. 🧐

1638578572527.png

1638578635175.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm not happy. I tried to buy this yesterday, but my bank blocked the sale thinking it might be card fraud ( by the seller not me, I hasten to add 🧐 ) . When I cleared it with the bank I saw It'd been sold out in my XL size. :sad:

1639014339098.png

1639014381768.png

That's a quality hat! Look at the thick and rough/tough wool it's made out of! That hat would've gone with so many of my tweed/wool jackets and coats! 🤔

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/708783615/holmes-genuine-scottish-harris-tweed?ref=cart

Last edited:

stephec

Legendary Member
I'm not happy. I tried to buy this yesterday, but my bank blocked the sale thinking it might be card fraud ( by the seller not me, I hasten to add 🧐 ) . When I cleared it with the bank I saw It'd been sold out in my XL size. :sad:

View attachment 621291

View attachment 621292

That's a quality hat! Look at the thick and rough/tough wool it's made out of! That hat would've gone with so many of my tweed/wool jackets and coats! 🤔

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/708783615/holmes-genuine-scottish-harris-tweed?ref=cart
Has you account got some kind of automatic good taste filter that's applied to all transactions? 😂

tyred

Legendary Member
I must admit that as someone with a very traditionally Scottish surname I have been toying with the idea of buying a nice "bunnet" in my clan tartan 🤔

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I must admit that as someone with a very traditionally Scottish surname I have been toying with the idea of buying a nice "bunnet" in my clan tartan 🤔
I bought a tartan scarf in my 'Scottish name', but it doesn't really count I suppose as the Scottish name/clan/tartan is my Christian name, not my surname. And no, my first name isn't Stewart. ;)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You'll need a new flat with all those clothes.

stephec

Legendary Member
I found this in the shop yesterday. It fits almost perfectly. The only slightly obvious signs of wear and tear are on the middle chest button hole and the buttons themselves which are slightly faded. I could put a bit of shoe polish on them and buff them up with a cloth, but I think the faded/worn affect looks better, as with all buttons on tweed jackets. There's a sewing and repairs shop five minutes from my flat that could tidy up the frayed button hole for a fiver.

Looking at the maker's history http://tweedlandthegentlemansclub.blogspot.com/2019/09/bladen-supersax-great-british-attire.html I'd say it's very well made and worth the £25 I paid for it. 🧐

View attachment 620423

View attachment 620425

View attachment 620424

View attachment 620426
I've finally worked out who this reminds me of, Christopher Lee in The Wicker Man, classic. 😊

Badger_Boom

Über Member
I bought a tartan scarf in my 'Scottish name', but it doesn't really count I suppose as the Scottish name/clan/tartan is my Christian name, not my surname. And no, my first name isn't Stewart. ;)
I was introduced to a fellow at a wedding who was wearing “my trousers”; a rather smart pair of troos in my tartan. I really should get some.

Top Bottom