Spring and summer boating type striped blazer to make me stand out from the riff raff...help me decide

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Can I suggest a decent Straw Boater to top off your outfit?

~ Straw Boater guide ~

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Plain Navy Blue is the only correct answer to "What colour blazer should I buy?"

I always consider those folk who wear stuff like the MCC stripey blazer as seeking to compensate for some shortcoming
To me,navy blue blazers are too formal. Especially double breasted ones. Plus,navy is near to black,so imagine the heat it'd attract on a hot sunny day.:heat:

I can see where you're going with this, I'm into the whole Scooter thing and been to many Brighton Mod weekenders and IOW rallies and a word of advice, you need to 'get it right ' as lot of lads don't.

I'm strictly Levis and Polo shirt at best but some manage to pull it off and LOTS don't, I've seen your dogs Parka!

lane

Veteran
I would go off the second one taking into account price - although that said very much not my thing.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've seen your dogs Parka!
The doggie mod parka is more of a novelty than actual dog wear. Besides,i'm not after some 'mod' look for myself. The blazer i'd like is for spring/summer casual but smart wear. I'm not trying to be some sort of elderly Quadrophenia fan.:rolleyes: :okay:

Plain Navy Blue is the only correct answer to "What colour blazer should I buy?"

I always consider those folk who wear stuff like the MCC stripey blazer as seeking to compensate for some shortcoming

To me,navy blue blazers are too formal. Especially double breasted ones.

Used to have a boss who favoured Navy Blue blazers/sports jackets.
Though a nice guy he was ex sales and his wardrobe, and certain thankfully somewhat milder habits always reminded me of this character.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uXi-nWuzAG4

Am I correct in thinking that's not the look you are after accy and that you are a pussy cat rather than a tiger?

(I did actually mention Gareth to the boss, thankfully he didn't sack me)

Top Bottom