Spring into the Dales 2010 (Yorkshire Dales!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OvertheHill

Über Member
andy_wrx said:
Hmm, there are quite a few pics of us aren't there !
The photographer kept leapfrogging us and I was getting a bit worried at one point at the attention we seemed to be getting from him - I consoled myself that it must mean we looked really photogenic...

I went round steadily with Ade & Anthony from North Cheshire Clarion, first audax for both of them (my 5th or 6th, hence an expert !).
Both are definitely converted, saying that compared to big-money sportives you didn't seem to get a lot less and for a lot less money.
Both commented that the people were different too - average age bit higher, but less bike-snobbery and people talked to you on the way round.

And both were saying that the hills killed them, but they'd do it again next year.
- I haven't mentioned Season of Mists yet...

I hope Ade won't mind if I link to his blog write-up of SitD - he's doing LEJOG in a couple of months and SitD was hill-practice
http://ade2010lejog.wordpress.com/

Thanks to Chris and the rest of the organising team : as usual, a really good event - cheers !

Feel free to link to my blog. What's Season of Mists? :ohmy: :biggrin:

Will definitely do another one - in fact 15th May seems a good idea eh Andy?

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
OvertheHill said:
Feel free to link to my blog. What's Season of Mists? :biggrin: :smile:

Will definitely do another one - in fact 15th May seems a good idea eh Andy?
SOM is the sister event of SITD and it also starts from Salem Mill, Hebden Bridge. It is 10% shorter but 10% hillier! It is always the first Sunday in October.

My blog write-up: Season of Mists 2009.

Here is the CycleChat thread for last year's event.

Here is the Audax UK page for this year's event.

If there is anything else you want to know, just ask! :ohmy:

Top Bottom