Spring into the Dales - Sun 15th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve H

Large Member
It's a beast of a hilly ride starting out from Hebden Bridge. 110km with over 2200m of climbing. I remember last year fuelling on a massive bowl of Rice Pudding in Rossi's before tackling the final two climbs back to Hebden Bridge.

I've just put my entry in for this year's event.

Who else is doing the ride this year?

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
:hello:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Are you an audax member Colin? I think you need to be in order to enter and pay online. You may have to print the form manually and post?
For 6 years now ...

It actually works out a few pence cheaper entering online because the cost of the stamps and envelopes for postal entry exceeds the extra 60p entry fee.

I think it might be a browser problem (Opera) - I just entered using Firefox instead.

sackville d

Veteran
I`ll be there .Lets hope the weather is as kind again.Aprils are turning out to be most clement these days. Damn You Climate Change:cursing:.I had a fantastic time last year and it was the spring board for probably my best year of cycling ever.

I recieved a certificate from Calderdale CTC on Friday for doing SITD last year.The long distance cycling equivelant of an Elementary Swimming Certificate.Totally out of the blue and a great little surprise.Many thanks to all at Crossland Towers

Colin and I will be drumming up support for the Calder Valley Basso Viper Owners Club.Donations welcome (preferably bottles of Budvar or Peroni for me:cheers:)

ColinJ

No you dont need to be a member to pay online, I just paid by paypal and it worked fine.
Non-members pay £2 per event extra for insurance unless they have it though some other body e.g. the CTC.

The first year of membership costs £19 and it is £14 p.a. after that. If you typically ride 7 or more events a year, it is cheaper to be a member plus you get 4 glossy magazines a year plus the handbook posted to you. If you only ride a few events a year and don't care about the mags, then just pay the non-member supplement each time.
I`ll be there .Lets hope the weather is as kind again.Aprils are turning out to be most clement these days. Damn You Climate Change:cursing:.I had a fantastic time last year and it was the spring board for probably my best year of cycling ever.
I'm beginning to get really fed up of crap UK summers. A fine spring raises expectations of a great summer of cycling only for them to be washed away come June!

Colin and I will be drumming up support for the Calder Valley Basso Viper Owners Club.Donations welcome (preferably bottles of Budvar or Peroni for me:cheers:)
Not many of us about!

Here's a picture taken at the inaugural meeting of the club! :thumbsup:

twins-jpg.4100.jpg

I dream of being fit enough again to tackle SITD on my higher-geared Cannondale, but yet again I'll be riding it fat and on the Basso. I have a month to try and get some fitness for it, but no matter what I do (short of liposuction!) I am not going to be slim in time this year.

potsy

Rambler
I'm still unsure as to whether I'll be doing this ride.
Already have 2 forum rides planned for April, (100 miler and Jodrell) so a 3rd ride may be a bit too much.
It was a great day last year though so I'll be sad to miss it, especially if we get similar weather :sun:

ColinJ

Already have 2 forum rides planned for April, (100 miler and Jodrell) so a 3rd ride may be a bit too much.
It was a great day last year though so I'll be sad to miss it, especially if we get similar weather :sun:
Ha - a lightweight heavyweight! :thumbsup:

I've already got rides planned for 4 out of the 5 weekends in April and I also have one planned for the first weekend in May. I am thinking of doing a decent ride on the remaining weekend in April too. I think tackling 50-100 mile rides on 6 consecutive weekends would really help me gain fitness.

OP
OP
Steve H

Steve H

Large Member

You can't miss Spring into the Dales potsy. There are 2 cafe stops on the ride. What more could you want? Double cake options.

trio25

Über Member
As long as I have recovered from the weekend before I am going to take Ali to this has her first Audax. It was the 2nd ever one I rode, great route.

Svendo

Guru
I've booked the day off for this, it's an annual fixture now and this will be my fourth. No guarantee I'll get it off yet though. (i've requested to be rota'd off rather than book A/L)

Top Bottom