Spring into the Dales - Sun 15th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
:thumbsup:

Busy month, Cols 100miles on sunday, SITD and then 300miles on the last weekend to around and back from the brewery tour :wacko:

trio25

Über Member
You'll be too fast for our 'slow train' but say hello at the start! :thumbsup:

I will have ridden a 24hour race the week before I may be very very slow!

Well I've entered :whistle: though I have to admit to some trepidation , I'm comfortably managing 25/30 mile hilly rides at the moment (Live on top of a hill so that's not hard ^_^) and plan to bump that up to 40/50 miles in the next week but I'm pretty certain I'm going to be struggling especially on the last climb .

Paul

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well I've entered :whistle: though I have to admit to some trepidation , I'm comfortably managing 25/30 mile hilly rides at the moment (Live on top of a hill so that's not hard ^_^) and plan to bump that up to 40/50 miles in the next week but I'm pretty certain I'm going to be struggling especially on the last climb .

Paul
I can usually cope with the drag up from Keighley, then there is respite along Haworth Brow, but my back always end up seizing up as I grovel up from Oxenhope to Cock Hill. The great thing about SITD though, is that the last 7 kms or so are downhill! :thumbsup:

I can usually cope with the drag up from Keighley, then there is respite along Haworth Brow, but my back always end up seizing up as I grovel up from Oxenhope to Cock Hill. The great thing about SITD though, is that the last 7 kms or so are downhill! :thumbsup:

It's been a long time since I've done the climb from Oxenhope (approximately 23 years :ohmy:) so decided to re introduce myself today and managed it fine but I think I'm definitely going to need more miles in the legs if I'm not going to embarrass myself on the day:blush: the ride down to Hebden Bridge is still enjoyable , though somewhat bumpier than I remember .

Paul

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I'm out this year i'm afraid,too much on :sad:

zacklaws

Guru
I cannot make it this year due to work, no matter how many times I look at the leave calendar, it cannot be granted, too many other people off, hopefully "Season of the Mists" as no one has that day off.

ColinJ

Once again, I'm not going to be fit for SITD so it will be a case of grovelling round and trying to get back inside the time limit. :sad:

I'm finding it harder to complete it in 8 hours now than I did taking 6 hours in the past ...

Once again, I'm not going to be fit for SITD so it will be a case of grovelling round and trying to get back inside the time limit. :sad:

I'm finding it harder to complete it in 8 hours now than I did taking 6 hours in the past ...

Now that's a negative attitude, 60km less than last week must equate to a couple of hours, got to make it back in time for some fodder!!

potsy

Rambler

Maybe they'll let you start 30 minutes early? :tongue:
Still can't decide whether to do this, but I'm veering towards coming over and paying on the day :unsure:

ColinJ

Now that's a negative attitude, 60km less than last week must equate to a couple of hours, got to make it back in time for some fodder!!
I'm basing it on Alun and I not making it back in time on Season of Mists in October, and us not being much fitter now! SITD is 110 km so it is about 53 kms shorter than last week's ride, but about 5 times as hilly!

We should be okay - we'll have 9 hours and 10 minutes and the last couple of years it took us 8 hours 30ish.

Maybe they'll let you start 30 minutes early? :tongue:
Still can't decide whether to do this, but I'm veering towards coming over and paying on the day :unsure:
You know it makes sense! :thumbsup:

The rides are coming thick and fast now ... SITD next weekend, Jodrell Bank the one after, then Ajay's Hawkshead ride. Another one of mine the weekend after that (the new ride thread is here - the date might change, depending on lift availability).

trio25

Über Member
Hope you all have a great ride, I won't be there as off to the in-laws this weekend instead.

Top Bottom