Spring into the Dales - Sun 15th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Edge705

Enjoy your ride fellow CC'ers Im having a crack at hardnott and wynrose in the lakeland loop sportive but given the freezing overnight forecast for Saturday night and a cool 2/3 degrees morning forecast will they allow folk up hardknott?

potsy

Rambler
So, the slow train is -
Colin (group leader)
SteveH
potsy (back-up navigator)
Calum (only so he doesn't get lost)
Alun
Oldfatfool?
Phil?

Anyone else?

Alun

Guru
Enjoy your ride fellow CC'ers Im having a crack at hardnott and wynrose in the lakeland loop sportive but given the freezing overnight forecast for Saturday night and a cool 2/3 degrees morning forecast will they allow folk up hardknott?
Good luck, be careful especially on the downhill bits!

potsy

Rambler
Have put a new chain and cassette on the Secteur, I now have a slightly lower bottom gear, 27t rather than the previous 26t, think I might need it :mrpig:
Quick test ride later if I can find a hill around here :tongue:

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Im cycling over from Manchester (weather permitting) if anyone fancy s it ? Only takes about an hour.

Im not doing the event though as I want to be home before 12pm, Im just popping over to see who's about and I'll be taking some pictures on the first climb (A6033)

:-)

I

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've been fettling the Basso. I'm only half done so I need to get back to it soon and nip out for a test ride when I have finished. I have to pick up some rail tickets from the station so I'll call in there and then go and do the first bit of the Cragg Vale climb to check that all is well.

The forecast is looking quite nice for tomorrow but the wind will make it feel chilly. I think I'll go for multiple layers rather than my Endura jacket. I've overheated on SITD before so I want to be able to take a layer or two off if I get too warm. We should have a decent tailwind on the way back, though the price for that will be a headwind on some of the outward journey.

Hopefully Steve H will still be joining us - Steve? He hasn't logged in since Monday but he has probably been busy with his change of job.

potsy

Rambler
I've been for a quick test ride, a few adjustments later and all seems well.
I think the rear mech was originally set up for a 12-25 cassette, when I put a 12-26 on I never changed anything and got a slight 'rumbling' sound when in lowest gear, now put a 27t on and the rumbling is worse.
I am hoping that it just needed a play with the b-screw to create more of a gap between jockey wheel and cog?? That is what I've done anyway :wacko:
Just need to pack the bike with flapjack and energy drinks and I'm done :thumbsup:

Svendo

Guru
I'll be there! staying in Todmorden so don't have to get up so early. I have the teenager for the afternoon and night, so will need to get back to rochdale mid afternoon, so I'll have to leave the slow train earlyish.

Top Bottom