Spring into the Dales - Sun 15th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
must still be out there!!! just to brag tho, just done 100 mile to southport with pennine paul at 12mph and 40 miles was 'off road'.
Shut it you :ninja:
Another cracking day, t'was cold though, we had hail and a bit of snow and some sun.
Pics later :thumbsup:

potsy

Rambler
Cld start to the day-
cold.jpg

3 cc\'ers.jpg
calum and colin.jpg
1st stop of many.jpg
tree.jpg
scary tree.jpg
race.jpg

Edge705

Some nice pics Potsy Alun looks like he's motoring up that climb:bicycle: Looks like you all had a good time anyway. For me 120k and 7000ft of rolling hills in the lake district on what I can only describe as an undulating course:ohmy:

potsy

Rambler
Just back home. Nice to see see you all at the start, I tried to ride slow and wait, really I did, but the red mist descended and off I went...
Hope you all got round without mishap.
Beautiful sunny day nearly all the way round, no sign of rain. Back to base round 2.17, quick food stop at the mill, lovely cakes. Then back to Rochdale to walk dog and feed teenagers.
Chapeau Mr. Crossland who organises it. The fair weather riders wee out, 165 in total apparently just on SITD.
You did the right thing Svendo, your talent would be wasted in the slow train :thumbsup:
We were only around 4 hours slower than you ^_^

Alun

Guru
Alun looks like he's motoring up that climb:bicycle:
Indeed !

Svendo

Guru
Nice Photos Potsy, I recognise that wizened tree that's just after Bolton Abbey. Did you get back in time for any food this year?

There was a Huddersfield Star Wheelers bloke who absolutely mullered me coming out of Keighley, He didn't just have a pace I couldn't keep up, I couldn't reach it. He stopped for his mates though so I did finish before him. I also attribute his speed to his ZIPP 404 wheels and in no way to the fact he was clearly fitter and faster than I am!

Top Bottom