Spring into the Dales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

ColinJ said:
Ah... I've met MSeries a few times but not recently. Tell him I'm glad to hear that he's got over the injuries he sustained in his bad cycling crash in autumn 2007. I hope you have a good ride.

Sounds like he's been doing well this year after his recovery; he has promised to take it easy :blush:

As for Sunday, I hope to meet up with as many CCers as possible, so say hello :blush: I have not met many CCers so it will be great to out names to faces.

Look out for Angus CC club kit. White with sky blue and yellow and a bit hard to miss "Angus CC" ;)

Landslide

Rare Migrant
As long as it's not too chilly, I'll be wearing my Foska Welsh Dragon top. Hopefully it'll be on view at all the cake stops.:smile:

PaulB

Legendary Member
ColinJ said:
I'll wait at the foot of the descents

I can attest to the fact that Colin seems quite fearless on descents and seems to zoom down as though he had an engine on the back of his bike! He's the Jean-Claude Killy of the downhill!

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
I won't be out to play on Saturday, got an annoying little cough that I hope to have got rid of by sunday or at least by the time I get to Hebden Bridge.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
PaulB said:
I can attest to the fact that Colin seems quite fearless on descents and seems to zoom down as though he had an engine on the back of his bike! He's the Jean-Claude Killy of the downhill!
Lard power old chap - the same lard that gives me my current snail-like climbing prowess!

Svendo is faster than me - he used his two sprocket advantage to get away from me and overtake a car on the descent to Hebden Bridge at the end of that recent forum ride. :evil:

Svendo

Guru
Svendo is faster than me - he used his two sprocket advantage to get away from me and overtake a car on the descent to Hebden Bridge at the end of that recent forum ride. :ohmy:

Ah, you're too kind. I seem to remember you came past me down Blackstone edge with a two cog disadvantage! I learned reckless fearless descending from skiing, where the surface is a little more forgiving! And that car was asking for it, slowing me down with all that unnecessary braking. ;)

Sundays a deffo for me, unless I'm still drunk from the wedding I'm going to on Friday, or I even pull a bridesmaid! :becool:

My plan is to go a fair way with ColinJ et al. and see how I feel about speeding up later on.

ColinJ

longers said:
My plan is to try and get all the best cake before you lot get a chance :becool:
This is becoming a habit... ;)

Noodley

Right that's me away to head off to Englandshire....see y'all on Sunday ;)

I'll bring some decent weather with me :thumbsup:

ColinJ

Noodley said:
Right that's me away to head off to Englandshire....see y'all on Sunday ;)

I'll bring some decent weather with me :thumbsup:
He has, you know!

The sun is shining here though it is a bit breezy. The forecast is good for tomorrow, and even better for SITD on Sunday!

PaulB

Legendary Member
I've just been out that way and I need to say one thing to you, Colin, since you live over that way. Can you find the switch to turn that bloody wind machine off before we start?

ColinJ

PaulB said:
I've just been out that way and I need to say one thing to you, Colin, since you live over that way. Can you find the switch to turn that bloody wind machine off before we start?
That wind was pretty cold on the tops, but it was a lovely day. I nipped out and did about 25 miles this afternoon.

mytholmroyd_from_heights_road.jpg

Only 6 mph wind forecast for Sunday

Top Bottom