Spring into the Dales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trio25

Über Member
Great day everyone. What a fab route, apart from the one busy bit! The weather made it all the better. I took a long route home, got back with 160km on the clock and fortunately Ali pointed out that was only 99.2miles so another loop and I had my century! fab to meet everyone!

ColinJ you can't have been far behind us if Goodspeed saw you on the way home!

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
I got my 200k by going for a play round Saddleworth in the sunshine.

This beer tastes great :biggrin:

goodspeed

Poor colly, i feel really awfull now,didn't realize you were so close behind; i mean't to hang back a little to join the group after the first ascent, but longers caught up so i spent the rest of the ride trying to keep up. i'm sure we'll meet up again soon. at least you got your 100!:biggrin:

trio25

Über Member
I've had one glass on wine and feel drunk!

I went out to Ramsbottom, home and still had to do an extra loop but got my century - and over 3000m of climbing!

Svendo

Guru
Lovely long ride, Thanks to ColinJ and Alun for company. I think I dropped them just outside Keighley, when ColinJ said lets push on here. By the time I looked round I couldn't see them, soz. I charged on and missed the control. By the time I realised I must have missed it I was half way to Oxenhope so decided to just press on. The organiser was generous enough to check my GPS track and use that as evidence. I did hang round a bit eating sandwiches, but then went to see a girl in Todmorden ;-).

bonj2

Svendo said:
L...I charged on and missed the control. By the time I realised I must have missed it I was half way to Oxenhope

i did that exact same thing on saturday's audax! (except it wasn't oxenhope)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
trio25 said:
Great day everyone. What a fab route, apart from the one busy bit!
Yes indeed. The bit from Silsden through Keighley to Haworth Brow is a real shock to the system after all that lovely Dales scenery. The thing is, if you look at the map, there isn't really a way of avoiding it other than something like putting some extra really hard little climbs in and going via Oakworth and Haworth.

trio25 said:
got back with 160km on the clock and fortunately Ali pointed out that was only 99.2miles so another loop and I had my century!
Well done! I wouldn't have fancied doing any extra today. To be honest, those hills are really hard work at my size. Still, they are getting easier with each month that passes. Even my back didn't completely let me down today.

trio25 said:
ColinJ you can't have been far behind us if Goodspeed saw you on the way home!
I've just checked my Etrex - Alun and I were actually riding for about 6 hrs 45 mins, but we had lots of stops and were out for about 8 hrs 20 mins. Our moving average was 16.4 kph, but actual average including the stops was only about 13.4 kph. Still, for Alun and me, today wasn't really about speed, it was about enjoying the ride. Speed can come later when we aren't carrying so much surplus weight.

Top Bottom