Spring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
It's such a joy. I used to like Autumn the most....and then summer...but last year I realised that Spring, with its promise of endless light evenings and warm days is the very best.

lane

Veteran
Spring and early summer are my favorite and especially the light nights. Clocks change this weekend which is definitely a milestone.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Spring? What SPRING?? :rolleyes:

That is today's forecast here. Cold, wet, windy. Tomorrow, more of the same. Monday similar. It looks to improve by Thursday, but temperatures dropping.

My slightly cynical long term forecast is that we will get a nice week in May, then "summer" will be shyte with the odd nice day or two thrown in. Before we know where we are, it's September and promises of an "Indian summer" come to nothing. Then straight back into winter. A familiar pattern over the last few decades. Not being pessimistic, just realistic!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
It’s a dog’s delight,
To bark and bite.
Little birdies love to sing.
But if you sit,
On a red hot brick,
It’s the sign of an early spring.

Spike Milligan

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

View attachment 580769

That is today's forecast here. Cold, wet, windy. Tomorrow, more of the same. Monday similar. It looks to improve by Thursday, but temperatures dropping.

My slightly cynical long term forecast is that we will get a nice week in May, then "summer" will be shyte with the odd nice day or two thrown in. Before we know where we are, it's September and promises of an "Indian summer" come to nothing. Then straight back into winter. A familiar pattern over the last few decades. Not being pessimistic, just realistic!
2 c here atm
Still wearing what i call mild winter gear for riding to work then having to cart it back home on the return , although yesterday i was battling a cold headwind home then it decided to rain too.I dont mind either but its hard to plan what to wear .
At least its warm enough that i can still use my hands when riding as in winter even with full winter gloves if my reynauds plays up i can be playing the " can i change gear and brake " lottery

Cathryn

Legendary Member

View attachment 580769

Nope, we had a glorious April and most of May last year, it was spectacular for weeks. Summer itself was just mediocre but two months of sunshine will do me as we can (usually) go abroad for the summer.

Top Bottom