Springs here, time to dump the helmet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monkeypony

All those of us who were riding before 1990 must have been bonkers, fancy doing something as dangerous as riding a bike before helmets came out.

God knows how we made it through.

Indeed, I refuse to wear a seatbelt in a car for the same reasons, and you can get horrible injuries from them in an accident too. :biggrin:

My lid stays on all year but this morning was the first commute for a fair while without overshoes so it is now oficially spring time! Hooray!

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Indeed, I refuse to wear a seatbelt in a car for the same reasons, and you can get horrible injuries from them in an accident too. :biggrin:

My lid stays on all year but this morning was the first commute for a fair while without overshoes so it is now oficially spring time! Hooray!
You must be bonkers man
eek.gif

One slip and you'll end up crippled for life.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby

I must resist, I must resist

There is actually a wide variety of data as to where the accidents occur, with no specific consistent month having a greater incidence.

It should be noted that there is no correction for weather and increased numbers of cyclists in the summer. So it could be that the difference is due to a wet August and a splendid October

Month.jpg

BSRU

A Human Being
There is actually a wide variety of data as to where the accidents occur, with no specific consistent month having a greater incidence.

It should be noted that there is no correction for weather and increased numbers of cyclists in the summer. So it could be that the difference is due to a wet August and a splendid October

Month.jpg

For some reason, May and October are statistically the most dangerous for cyclists, according to the DfT.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
For those of you wearing helmets against bad drivers, you did check the disclaimer when you bought your helmets, right? Along the lines of "This helmet will not protect against collisions with motor vehicles". 12mph fall against a flat surface is about all you can hope for...

S_t_e_v_e

Veteran
I always wear a helmet. :angel: I did downgrade from a beanie to a buff underneath it though. I'm still wearing winter longs, shorts can wait until May..

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
For those of you wearing helmets against bad drivers, you did check the disclaimer when you bought your helmets, right? Along the lines of "This helmet will not protect against collisions with motor vehicles". 12mph fall against a flat surface is about all you can hope for...

Don't start, this thread is close enough already to the edge of doom.

Top Bottom