Springtime makeover for my commuter.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aperitif

Meme bar
Springtime makeover for my commuter.
Before.
11w59mx.jpg

Bargain price wheels (well they were last September - only just got around to fitting them!)
New Schwalbe Marathon+ tyres, Koolstop dual compound pads, BBB Campagnolo compatible cassette, KMC 9 chain.
24zyg5j.jpg

Rode it for a few days and developed a terminally ill bottom bracket, so that has now been replaced with a Centaur 115mm
and, for good measure, another (chain rotation is my excuse...) KMC - but gold - to match the wheels. (How sad is that?)
2qjenbq.jpg

Lastly, I bought some 'glow in the dark' Cinelli bar tape, last August, for the winter. Finally got around to wrapping it just as the clocks changed!
Oh - and a cheapo crank arm as I broke the other Racing T one...swapped the old black Mirage chainset...
2ztg1s8.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
that chain is far too hairy...

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Is that a triple i see:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

It looks nice though, i like the gold wheels:becool:

OP
OP
Aperitif

Aperitif

Meme bar
Joe24 said:
Is that a triple i see:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

It looks nice though, i like the gold wheels:becool:

It is Joe - never knowingly used (in this country) either! Can't be bothered to start mucking about changing everything ;)

Ian - you're right and I was hoping Fossy would pick up on that...:biggrin:

Joe24

Aperitif said:
It is Joe - never knowingly used (in this country) either! Can't be bothered to start mucking about changing everything ;)

Ian - you're right and I was hoping Fossy would pick up on that...:biggrin:

Ooooooh we all beleive you;)

Joe24

Aperitif said:
Oh ok then...I only use it when I'm racing kids on their 'fixies' - evens things out a bit. ;)

Do you mean, you only use your big ring, when your racing kids on there fixeds and when you take a picture of the bike?:biggrin:

OP
OP
Aperitif

Aperitif

Meme bar
Yes.No.Maybe.
You love my bike ;) :biggrin:

OP
OP
Aperitif

Aperitif

Meme bar
rich p said:
Ape, I had you all wrong, have you got a gold necklace and a sovereign ring?:laugh::biggrin:

It's ever since I rolled into the Madeira Café in Brighton rich...I'm fine, (debatable), but the bike has gone a bit 'strange' on me...nay Campy. :angry:

PS the lamp on the back swings both ways when I take it out...;)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Aperitif said:
It is Joe - never knowingly used (in this country) either! Can't be bothered to start mucking about changing everything :smile:

Ian - you're right and I was hoping Fossy would pick up on that...:sad:

Ah the triple.... I commute on a triple :angry: - it's an MTB though. :biggrin:

Nah it was the fluff on the chain that got me...argh !!

BTW that bike is way too blingy/nice for commuting.......:biggrin:;)

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Aperitif said:
It's ever since I rolled into the Madeira Café in Brighton rich...I'm fine, (debatable), but the bike has gone a bit 'strange' on me...nay Campy. :wacko:

PS the lamp on the back swings both ways when I take it out...:biggrin:

Ah, that's what happens when you drink Camp coffee in Camp KempTown:biggrin:

Top Bottom