Springtime makeover for my commuter.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Springtime makeover for my commuter.
Before.
11w59mx.jpg

Bargain price wheels (well they were last September - only just got around to fitting them!)
New Schwalbe Marathon+ tyres, Koolstop dual compound pads, BBB Campagnolo compatible cassette, KMC 9 chain.
24zyg5j.jpg

Rode it for a few days and developed a terminally ill bottom bracket, so that has now been replaced with a Centaur 115mm
and, for good measure, another (chain rotation is my excuse...) KMC - but gold - to match the wheels. (How sad is that?)
2qjenbq.jpg

Lastly, I bought some 'glow in the dark' Cinelli bar tape, last August, for the winter. Finally got around to wrapping it just as the clocks changed!
Oh - and a cheapo crank arm as I broke the other Racing T one...swapped the old black Mirage chainset...
2ztg1s8.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
that chain is far too hairy...

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Aperitif said:
It is Joe - never knowingly used (in this country) either! Can't be bothered to start mucking about changing everything ;)

Ian - you're right and I was hoping Fossy would pick up on that...:biggrin:

Ooooooh we all beleive you;)

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Aperitif said:
Oh ok then...I only use it when I'm racing kids on their 'fixies' - evens things out a bit. ;)

Do you mean, you only use your big ring, when your racing kids on there fixeds and when you take a picture of the bike?:biggrin:

Yes.No.Maybe.
You love my bike ;) :biggrin:

rich p said:
Ape, I had you all wrong, have you got a gold necklace and a sovereign ring?:laugh::biggrin:

It's ever since I rolled into the Madeira Café in Brighton rich...I'm fine, (debatable), but the bike has gone a bit 'strange' on me...nay Campy. :angry:

PS the lamp on the back swings both ways when I take it out...;)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Aperitif said:
It is Joe - never knowingly used (in this country) either! Can't be bothered to start mucking about changing everything :smile:

Ian - you're right and I was hoping Fossy would pick up on that...:sad:

Ah the triple.... I commute on a triple :angry: - it's an MTB though. :biggrin:

Nah it was the fluff on the chain that got me...argh !!

BTW that bike is way too blingy/nice for commuting.......:biggrin:;)

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Aperitif said:
It's ever since I rolled into the Madeira Café in Brighton rich...I'm fine, (debatable), but the bike has gone a bit 'strange' on me...nay Campy. :wacko:

PS the lamp on the back swings both ways when I take it out...:biggrin:

Ah, that's what happens when you drink Camp coffee in Camp KempTown:biggrin:

Top Bottom