Sprouts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
There's a thought! Brussels sprout flavoured crisps. Surely there must be some out there? 🤔

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Brussel sprouts.
Love them.
Well I love sprouts. Hate Brussels!
Fry them in a little butter with chopped up bacon and some chestnuts. Don't over geat, cook gently. Just beginning to crisp on the outside, then test and adjust cooking time to suit your preference.
Nice and tasty.

Just for reference for christmas 2021, sprouts are best pan-fried in a frying pan along with chestnuts. Use a heavy pan on a low heat for about 20 mins and cook until cooked.

PK99

Legendary Member
Heston's way is:
Ingredients
400g Brussels sprouts
5 smoked bacon rashers
50g unsalted butter
Method
  1. Slice the bases from the Brussels sprouts and carefully separate the leaves, pulling them off the sprouts.
  2. Fry the bacon in a frying pan over a medium heat until soft but not coloured. Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper. Set aside.
  3. Melt the butter with the bacon fat in the frying pan over a medium low heat. When the butter is foaming, add the Brussels leaves and stir in the bacon. Add 2 tbsp water and cover the pan.
  4. Allow to cook for 3–5 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
  5. Copyright © Heston Blumenthal 2010
Tried it once and was great but, Jim, it was not sprouts as we know them.

Eziemnaik

Ãœber Member
I once heard executive chef of a major pub chain quip:
The only thing worse than brussel sprouts with bacon are brussel sprouts without it

Reactions: gbb
Brussel sprouts.
Love them.
Well I love sprouts. Hate Brussels!
Fry them in a little butter with chopped up bacon and some chestnuts. Don't over geat, cook gently. Just beginning to crisp on the outside, then test and adjust cooking time to suit your preference.
Nice and tasty.
Or replace bacon with Chorizo

gbb

Legendary Member
Glorious sprouts, simply boiled, erring on the well done side. Even our 4 yo grandaughter and 7 yo grandson love em.

Top Bottom