Drago
Legendary Member
- Location
- The Urban Fringe
I think you'll find all these bits are a bit 'squashy' these days and designed to break. Also, thinks like bonnets are softer, and bigger space under it so it can deform more when/if they hit a person. I don't think they are quite as bad as they look.
TBH, in my experience, it's the small cars you have to watch out for.
Indeed. And some of them have pedestrian airbags, deployable bonnets, etc, that smaller cars don't have room to accommodate. The effects as size increases are not as intuitive as one might think.
But back to topic, the OP might have a point. Mrs D's EX40 has a drag coefficient of 0.32, which might have been impressive 40 years ago. Hell, the C70 is 0.29 and thats a model launched 3 decades back. I'm sure Volvo could have done a lot better, but the sheeple like them to look square and butch these days.