Squeak, squeak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
D'oh I've just had an "Arch is a girl!" moment!

Sorry littlered, thought you were a chap..

Cheers for the recipe. I'm out tonight, but might do that one tomorrow. Mmmm. I might even go out and buy some proper risotto rice (normally i sort of wing it with long grain, but it's not so creamy)

I did a nice roast veg and cous cous thing on Saturday - hence having all the leftover bits of things...

<psst> the bottom bracket is the bit your pedals are attached to...

Chainring bolts are the bolts that hold your chainring on (the big toothed wheel attached to your pedals...)

But do keep checking for that mouse... :eek:

Mr Phoebus

littlered said:
Mr Phoebus said:
Yes! Your correct! :blush:
But there's no prize for guessing correctly! :eek:

Pretty please *flutters eyelashes* can you tell me where it is?

The top prize is no more 'squeaks' and your sanity restored.

You can then go out pootling really early, without annoying the neighbours. :laugh:

OP
OP
L

littlered

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Dont know what part of the bike was squeaking but it's gone :blush: :laugh: :tongue: :tongue: :biggrin: :tongue:
I'm happy now.

Any of my friends will tell you I hate when my bike squeaks or rattles or makes any sort of abnormal noise, to me it means something's not right.

Not any more no squeaks :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Aww you guys are a nice bunch :eek:

Brock

I bet it'll come back when you wear your other shoes, the ones with the rubbery soles that gently rub against the crank arms while you're cycling, giving out a strange little squeak that disappears without reason, then comes back annoyingly just as you thought it had fixed itself. Vaseline on your instep will sort it. :eek:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Brock said:
I bet it'll come back when you wear your other shoes, the ones with the rubbery soles that gently rub against the crank arms while you're cycling, giving out a strange little squeak that disappears without reason, then comes back annoyingly just as you thought it had fixed itself. Vaseline on your instep will sort it. :blush:

Yeah, the DMs I wear on horseriding days do that as well... :eek:

Brock

Arch][quote name= said:

But... Horses don't have cranks Arch... Hmmm do you wear jodhpurs? I've always had a bit of a thing for jodhpurs. :laugh:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Brock][quote name= said:
Brock' said:
I bet it'll come back when you wear your other shoes' date=' the ones with the rubbery soles that gently rub against the crank arms while you're cycling, giving out a strange little squeak that disappears without reason, then comes back annoyingly just as you thought it had fixed itself. Vaseline on your instep will sort it. :laugh:[/quote']

But... Horses don't have cranks Arch... Hmmm do you wear jodhpurs? I've always had a bit of a thing for jodhpurs. :tongue:

I meant, as you know full well, my DM's rub against the cranks as I cycle to the stable... :blush: Mind you, horses (or rather saddles) have stirrups, so you can get rubbing of the boot against the metal sides of them. You get all sorts of squeaks and creaks riding a horse, from the leather of the saddle and tack, to the clicking of the hooves against stones in the soft surface, or occasionally the clicking of a loose shoe. And with me, often a sort of terrified whining, especially over jumps.

Jodhpurs? Yeah, I do as a matter of fact... I gave up on the knee high boots, not flexible enough around the ankle for me. But I have my own whip.

Mortiroloboy

Arch][quote name= said:
Arch said:
Brock' said:
I bet it'll come back when you wear your other shoes' date=' the ones with the rubbery soles that gently rub against the crank arms while you're cycling, giving out a strange little squeak that disappears without reason, then comes back annoyingly just as you thought it had fixed itself. Vaseline on your instep will sort it. :biggrin:[/quote']

But... Horses don't have cranks Arch... Hmmm do you wear jodhpurs? I've always had a bit of a thing for jodhpurs. :tongue:

I meant, as you know full well, my DM's rub against the cranks as I cycle to the stable... :blush: Mind you, horses (or rather saddles) have stirrups, so you can get rubbing of the boot against the metal sides of them. You get all sorts of squeaks and creaks riding a horse, from the leather of the saddle and tack, to the clicking of the hooves against stones in the soft surface, or occasionally the clicking of a loose shoe. And with me, often a sort of terrified whining, especially over jumps.

Jodhpurs? Yeah, I do as a matter of fact... I gave up on the knee high boots, not flexible enough around the ankle for me. But I have my own whip.

MMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :laugh: :tongue: :tongue:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Talking of Mmmmm, I had a nice butternut squash risotto last night - even went out and bought arborio rice specially. Very nice. And while in Sainsburys, found another squash on the reduced stand, just because it was near its 'use by' date - the damn things keep for ever! So thanks to littlered for the inspiration...

Need more squash recipes!

OP
OP
L

littlered

Arch said:
Talking of Mmmmm, I had a nice butternut squash risotto last night - even went out and bought arborio rice specially. Very nice. And while in Sainsburys, found another squash on the reduced stand, just because it was near its 'use by' date - the damn things keep for ever! So thanks to littlered for the inspiration...

Need more squash recipes!

Glad to be of help, buy the way the flaming squeak came back, so have sprayed the spokes again and I'll see how I go. :tongue:

OP
OP
L

littlered

Mr Phoebus said:
littlered said:
buy the way the flaming squeak came back, so have sprayed the spokes again and I'll see how I go. :smile:

Buy an iPod!!! :tongue:

Got one but the thing is once I know it's there I spend most of the time listening to the squeak and not the i-pod :?: :biggrin:

Mr Phoebus

littlered said:
Got one but the thing is once I know it's there I spend most of the time listening to the squeak and not the i-pod :tongue: :?:
Last resort: Ride no-handed, stick fingers in ears...la-la-la-la-la I can't hear you! la-la-la-la-la.

Top Bottom