squeaky carbon post

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sloxam

hi, i have a carbon post going into a carbon frame and i'm sure that the loud squeak thats coming from the bike is down to that or the seat itself. what can i put on the post to reduce the possibility of squeaking?

Evilcat

Tacx carbon assembly compound. Don't use normal grease!

EC

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I'd check the saddle first as it is the most likely cause of a squeak from that area. A clamp bolt that is not quite tight enough can be noisey, and one annoying noise I put up with for a while turned out to be the top and bottom of the clamp not being directly lined up.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Probikekit are post free if you choose the standard delivery option. Their stuff almost always arrives next day, though we are at the mercy of the postal dispute at the mo.

Yep - ProBikeKit are rather odd in that there's something on the product page saying 'Free Postage', you buy the thing and go to the basket and it's put postage on it, you go to check-out and it takes it off again.
- Odd.

And as Joe says, I wouldn't bother with Express Delivery either to be honest, I've always bought stuff on Std Delivery and it's arrived the next day or the one following.

Top Bottom