Squeaky disc brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jackhandy

I tried Uberbike sintered in my hope drybolic calipers & they sqealed like a stuck pig.
They were so bad I got complaints from other riders at a trail centre _ Went back to resin & peace has been declared

mrbikerboy73

Über Member
Some discs state the use of resin pads only. Use anything else and you'll be looking at new discs fairly soon.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Well, they've been wiped in alchohol, flamed and washed on the pan cycle and they still squeak. They squeak less true but squeak they do. I'll wait for the sintered ones and if they squeak, well.........

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
okey doke

Cubist

Still wavin'
Same problem here - cleaned em to death but the rear still squeaks - might give the kevlar a try - is that serious about the dishwasher?
Yep. What's the worst that can happen? They wash really hot in a caustic detergent. If it can degrease my mums baking tray it can fettle a bit of resin. If it knackers it, replace with some Superstar Kevlars at a fiver a pop. Works for cassettes too! ( just remove any plastic spacers first........)

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Fitted the sintered ones and hey presto, no squeak. These pads are not as sharp as the resin but I presume they need to bed in.

Top Bottom