Squeaky disc brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Try the race pads (white) from Uberbike. A few mates got them and they could stop a bus, quietly
Good call, they're Kevlar too. As I said, for quiet, great from cold grab Superstar Kevlar are great. Don't think I'll go back to anything else.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Don't kevlar only last about half a ride? :tongue:

Especially at gritty, sandy Cannock?
Stay off the brakes:becool:

The ones on my Mojo have done Cannock, Brechfa in the wet, Kirroughtrree, Degla twice, Dalbeattie and various laps of local millstone grit stuff. Still looking to have plenty of pad left.

subaqua

What’s the point
kevlar is carbon fibre so will dissolve in the wet ;)

Levo-Lon

Guru
Organic pads are for a snack half way round for the vegi cyclist....
Think glazing and contamination are the main prob with squeel so maintenece or replace is usually all u can do..sintered are noisy but for winter there a good choice..

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Do these semi-metallic need time to bed in? They started out OK but have lost bite and gained squeal now. I just came down a local bridleway and not having been on the bike much and it being covered in leaves, my chicken levels are low, so grabbed a handful of rear brake and nothing happened. I grabbed harder and it squealed, which is what I was about to do when I remembered i had a front too!

Not having much luck on the squeal front, I may be about to change pads again. Meanwhile the front resin is fine.

Top Bottom