SRAM Apex Jockey Wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
The RD on my commuter has become rather noisy of late, and looking at the jockey wheels they are smoothing off, with the chain not sitting on them nicely. They have done 9000 miles so no complaints.

A replacement SRAM set is about £18. Anybody care to recommend an alternative before I simply replace like for like?

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I have used bbb on Sram mechs a couple of times with no issues. About £9 from CRC

OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
As usual, I didn't buy anything. Then on Tuesday the dreaded squeak began in earnest. I took the old ones off this morning, and the upper bearings fell apart in my hand amid lots of metal shavings. Cue panic search as the bike is needed for work tomorrow. Ended up with a set of BBB from the LBS, all fitted OK and back to silent riding again:smile:

Ajax Bay

Guru
I have used bbb on Sram mechs a couple of times with no issues.
Jockey wheels are pretty standard aren't they? 11 tooth and the screws are 'standard' thread.
In February, my ninjas needed replacing - I suspect that they were the originals (ie with the 105 RD) so had about 20,000km on them.
Like @Hacienda71 and the OP, I replaced with basic BBB sealed roller bearing ones (£10 the pair from my LBS).
On advice from my LBS I prised off the seal on the new ones (tip of Stanley knife: clicks off easily and clicks back on fine) and thumbed some more grease in there
Threadlock on the screws.

Top Bottom