sram front shifter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grellboy

Über Member
Afternoon. Built my Boardman cx from the box a couple of days ago. Was great apart from the fact that the left shifter would not shift onto the big chainring. So took it into halfords this morning and the mechanic (not a kid), said "Give me 20 minutes." 45 minutes and two mechanics later the problem was "sorted"......and by the time I'd cycled the 2 miles home it was almost impossible to shift it back up without extreme pressure! Anyone else have experience of this?

Ajax Bay

Guru
Sort it yourself. This is one or more of:
1) the top limit screw too far in
2) not enough cable tension when already in your small chainwheel
3) you hadn't clicked right down before tightening and clamping the cable.
https://roadcyclinguk.com/how-to/ma...t-a-front-derailleur.html#4bMCoFuqKRLMRqII.97
link has got a good written commentary as well as a video
18 days to that audax - get the CX up and ridden in! Or Allez ons.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Nope, have you checked to see if they tightened up the cable clamp properly, it sounds as though the cable has slipped through the clamp which would result in the cable going slack and therefore you would be unable to change up.
Check the cable see if there is any play in it , if that is the case check the cable clamp to see if the cable is clamped properly and it is tightened enough then adjust the slack out of the cable using the adjuster and try changing up.

Ajax Bay beat me to it.

OP
OP
grellboy

grellboy

Über Member
Cheers guys! Not got the greatest skills, but will have a go. Then back to the shop.....or just stay on the small ring and have super high cadence lol!

Top Bottom