SRAM Rival OCT Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sailorsi

Recumbents - Exercise whilst lying down
Hi, I hope someone will be able to help, as seen in the photo I have a very small crank arm/ tyre overlap it's not a big deal as the crank arm pushes over the tyre, but I would like to shave a couple of mm off the tip of the crank arm to give me clearance.
I'm aware that the SRAM Rival OCT is hollow but does anyone know for certain if the end surrounding the pedal thread is hollow or is it solid at that point allowing me to shave off 2mm? Thanks in advance :thanks:

Attachments

• WP_002663.jpg
    WP_002663.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 81

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
What kind of contraption is that?

Onyer

I am assuming that you don't have the same problem on the other (drive) side? If so is it possible that the crank has been fitted the wrong way round? So instead of bending away from the wheel it bends towards it.

OP
OP
Sailorsi

Sailorsi

Recumbents - Exercise whilst lying down
It's a recumbent. What length cranks are you using?

I'm running 165mm cranks but I'm a short arse hence the issue, if I were to stick to 23c tyres it would clear however I'm using 25c tyres which just catch. 2mm off the crank arms would be perfect but I'm unsure how hollow the SRAM OCT crank arms are. My guess would be that they are only hollow on the main length of the arm not at the pedal end. I may have to contact SRAM or drill a test hole to check.
I think I should have posted on the bents page :rolleyes: but thought someone may have seen a broken one as they are a popular crank arm.

Top Bottom