Stage 10- spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Another tough climb today so that will keep the GC hopeful's on their toes. Ricco is not really that far behind on GC and another good performance today could set him up with the other favorites. However I think that today Valverde and Evans will be a little more alert and try to either stay with him or get ahead of him. This also depends on how both Evans and Valverde are getting on with their respective 'war wounds'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Either Vavlverde is faking it or he is suffering when put under pressure. Pereiro seems the strongest Caisse d'Epargne rider at the moment. Today will show whether Valv has it in him, I think. My guess is that Evans and Ricco will fight it out for the win with Piepoli and Pereiro thereabouts and Valverde losing 1m 23.4 s;)

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Hard to see past Ricco at the moment, with Evans doing enough to take yellow behind. My outside bet is on Sanchez though - he showed flashes yesterday.

Tetedelacourse

I don't think Ricco will keep up at the end today. Brilliant effort yesterday from him but totally different ball game today. Agree that Pereiro looked stronger than AV yesterday but now's the time for him if he's going to fulfil his potential.

I think we'll see plenty of bright orange at the front today and Evans will hoover up any gaps to take yellow. Bad race so far for CSC - relative to last 5 or 6 years eh?

Noodley

Keith Oates said:
Cavendish has crashed after only 15Km into the stage, hope that's not hurt him too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good excuse to bow out now before the big hills! :biggrin:

Looks like Mr Wegmann's shimano gears are stuck - when will people learn? ;)

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
Well Cav is back in the bunch so let's hope he's OK, I would like to see him roll into Paris as that in itself is one heck of an achievment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Shimano insult has made me really angry and I won't post again until the next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mondobongo

Über Member
Well was hoping Sastre might show himself today, but heard no mention of him since I switched on.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Noodley said:
Good excuse to bow out now before the big hills! :biggrin:

Looks like Mr Wegmann's shimano gears are stuck - when will people learn? ;)

ahh, but they're electronic, not the shimano we non-pros use day to day.

anyone think that the winner will come from the main group, not the 24 at the tete de la course just now?

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
There are some top climbers in there, includuing Inasi and De La Fuente, not to mention Oscar Freire... but they are only 45 seconds ahead.

I think there will be an attack from someone (probably Ricco) in the peleton which will go right past, picking up just one or two.

Tetedelacourse

I can guarantee that the break wont provide today's winner. If I'm wrong, then I'll get the brandy in for everyone on this thread after the finish ;)

Tetedelacourse

Am starting to think Valverde has been living off his 2005 Courchevel success for long enough. The bloke is just coming up short every time questions are asked of him.

If Evans wins in Paris, it could arguably be for lack of any real class competition! Which makes me think "lucky sod". But it's testimony to his consistency I suppose. What do you lot think?

Top Bottom