Stage 10- spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Eurosport commentary team spent a lot of the last two days saying exactly that richp. On the other hand I don't think anyone apart from Sean Kelly saw Schleck doing so much damage. Ricco's got the polka dot by 12pts though :biggrin:.

Tetedelacourse

I don't think Evans can be accused of wheel-sucking on Hautacam. Him and Menchov to begin with and then just him were the ones putting the work in for most of the climb. Sastre did zip, Menchov hung on for dear life, and as for Valverde and Cunego, they were broken.

It is pretty dull to watch someone playing the numbers game, I agree with that, and especially so if soemone else is away up the road in front, but overall if he keeps it up and gets to Paris in yellow, it will be a great display of all round power.

Frank was pretty gutted yesterday afterwards. Maybe he saw this as his one chance to take yellow. Hope not though.

I thought Cancellara and Voigt were incredible yesterday.

Chris James

Über Member
Yes, Voigt was incredible. It makes you wonder what he could pull off if he wasn't sacrificing himslef for the team (well, it makes someone who has him in their fantasy team wonder that!)

I thought it was a good ride by Evans. He isn't the most charismatic rider and I always want to see people ride off and win the Tour in the mountains so in that reagrds I think we all wanted Schleck in yellow.

Evans doesn't have a great acceleration but hung on in there. For a whle Schleck was in yellow on the road and Evans dragged him back, with bugger all help form either his team or the other GC contenders. If you consider that he had a bad crash the day before and the race doc said he would be in a lot of pain climbing then it makes it even more creditable.

The wheelsucking jibes don't really fit well with the fact that he makes most of his time in time trials too. There are no wheels to suck there!

Tetedelacourse

That's the prob Chuffstick. I don't think they can. Reminiscent of Indurain, in a less impressive way. That in itself is a different (boring) form of attack.

Tetedelacourse

Oh, speaking of pain. Sherwen describing Ricco's lone attack on Sunday said something like "he's telling himself to own that pain, to just keep it there in his legs and body for as long as possible. He's got to continue to hurt himself."

That was good commentary I thought from an ex-pro. I tried a bit of that on my way home yesterday (owning the pain of pushing too hard, not commentating) and it felt strangely pleasing! Gave me a glimpse into the life of these pros. Good to remind yourself what they put themselves through.

Top Bottom