Stage 16 - spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
Perhaps the main chasing group should be now called the peleton:smile: I don't think now that any of the top GC contenders will be on the podium from this stage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mondobongo

Über Member
One of the Mechanics at Caisse d' Epargne may be getting a massive bollocking tonight, that looked nasty when Coyot went down did look like the tubular had rolled off.

Evans has just been at the back shouting about something, has his ickle dog been dognapped??

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Eurosport are constantly talking about Valjavec. Gaps are changing now but is he just not seen as a threat or not spotted/noticed in that group. I know there's still time to chase them down.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Although the front of the field is scattered all over, the gaps are really nothing now and can easily be made up on the descent - the Schleck brothers are doing an amazing job.

Tetedelacourse

I've been trying to follow it on tickertape on Eurosport and it's difficult! Can't wait to watch it tonight! Popovych for the stage now methinks.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Tetedelacourse said:
I've been trying to follow it on tickertape on Eurosport and it's difficult! Can't wait to watch it tonight! Popovych for the stage now methinks.

You might well be right - but it could be anybody's.

Skip Madness

Considering that today's stage was meant to be a big sort out with ample room for plenty of attacking, I found that to be an absolutely mind-numbing stage saved only by the spectacular scenery and John-Lee Augustyn scrambling desperately up the side of the Bonette as his bike slipped to its death beneath him.

There is surely no way tomorrow can disappoint, though.

yello

Well, I didn't find it "mind-numbing" but agree there wasn't quite the fireworks I was hoping for. Everyone saving themselves for tomorrow perhaps??

But, bejaysus, some of those descents frighten the living daylights out of me... and that's just watching on tele!

kyuss

Veteran
Those descents looked like fun. How smooth was that road? Like it was paved with silk. The stuff my dreams are made of.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just watched the ITV4 highlights, having followed the Le Tour ticker on the web this afternoon - looked like a shake up on the approach to the second climb, but it all came together.

Anyway, the coverage of the descents was top class....."funk me" I said a few times... excellent !!!!!

Tetedelacourse

Yeah terrifying stuff! When Augustyn went over the side he must have nearly filled his shorts! And did you SEE some of those hairpin gradients?! OMG I thought. How Schumacher managed to finish when he did is beyond me. These athletes are awesome, every one of them.

Definitely a case of not wanting to blow it before tomorrow for the yellow group.

Have CSC and Riis blown it? Surely they should have been attacking today. I remember back in 06 when Peirero escaped and took yellow, Riis didn't show any interest in bringing him back 'because it wasn't our job'.
If Cadel 'the Leech' Evans holds on tomorrow then today will go down as the day that CSC lost the tour...:blush:

Tetedelacourse

I don't think so. With the downhill finish today, the opportunity to put serious time into him wasn't really there. If it had finished at the top of the Bonnette then this would have been the day to do it, defo. But you can see why they didn't want a mountain top finish up there! Nowhere for anyone to stand!

I reckon tomorrow was the focal point of their plan all along but I'll eat my chapeau if it doesn't happen tomorrow!

Top Bottom