Stage 16 Spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biking_fox

Guru
Impressive breakaway group already formed - can they stay clear all day? Surely not? but witht he rest day tomorrow to recuperate it looks like death or glory for many riders today:

Lance Armstrong (RadioShack), Christopher Horner (RadioShack), Bradley Wiggins (Sky), Roman Kreuziger (Liquigas-Doimo), Sylvester Szmyd (Liquigas-Doimo), Matthew Lloyd (Omega Pharma-Lotto), Rui da Costa (Caisse d'Epargne), Gorka Verdugo (Euskaltel-Euskadi), Eros Capecchi (Footon-Servetto), Anthony Charteau ( Bbox), Alexandre Vinokourov (Astana), Carlos Sastre (Cervelo), Sandy Casar (FdJ)

Jurgen Van Den Broeck (Omega Pharma-Lotto) at 0;31

Big names for the big hills.

I can't belive Lance's form has recovered that quickly that he'll manage to stay away. Surely?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
It does look interesting what we've missed already.

Paul_L

Über Member
it's do or die for Wiggo today to have a chance of top 20 GC, although i suspect his main aim now is to finish top Sky rider.

If the gap is pegged around a minute, you can't see Bertie and Schleck not being able to pull it back whenever they want to.

montage

God Almighty
So Thor Hushovd has attempted to get away on one of the biggest climbs this year.
Anybody getting a hint of something smelling of fish?

montage

God Almighty
would that be a blood flavoured fish ??

Tis a bit odd isn't it.

He got caught and dropped fairly quickly which lets him off a little I guess

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
And just like that Petacchi loses Green to Thor, on a mountain stage. You have to respect Thor for going after every point. They all count.

It just emphasises what Cav has to do to get Green in future too. He may not be able to contest a spring after four mountains but he will have to start going up the road on stages where there is a sprint before the mountains, or after some smaller hills.

Crankarm

Guru
Looks like Lance is going for glory on this one.

There's still life in the old dog yet. He did really well today. I reckon he'll be going for a win on stage 17 after the rest day ................ which would be awesome seeing him sneak by Contadour and Schleck as they fight it out to the line.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
There's still life in the old dog yet. He did really well today. I reckon he'll be going for a win on stage 17 after the rest day ................ which would be awesome seeing him sneak by Contadour and Schleck as they fight it out to the line.

Highly unlikely. And I think he's going to be disappointed today as it was more like as he had no chance of a high overall placing now, he was going for at least one stage win, which he failed to do. Good effort considering his age though.

rich p

ridiculous old lush

... and pigs might fly!!

Top Bottom