Stage 17 SPOILER

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
S'not my fault nurse! I had to watch it on the stupid little TV screen those football managers threw out.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I think he struggled; Contador could have dropped him at that point IMO but he didn't want to; he was showing Schleck he could whip him any time but was going to give him the stage as a consolation prize.
I would agree with that.

Contador looked strong enough to take the stage had he gone away earlier then the final bend/'sprint' to the line. If he had dared to take the stage then, when Schleck had led him up 95% of the climb ... well, I don't think even all the Spanish fans there would have accepted that :angry:, nor been able to save him :boxing: !

I met a Swiss couple this arvo and the guy said that Schleck/Contador's cadence going up the Tourmalet was 100rpm !

That is amazing but that's what makes them so different from the rest (of us ;)).

aJohnson

I think he struggled; Contador could have dropped him at that point IMO but he didn't want to; he was showing Schleck he could whip him any time but was going to give him the stage as a consolation prize. I don't like him: I worked in Spain for a year and I know his type.

I think Contador was just showing he is in decent form. If he could have dropped Andy, he would have, that way he could say that the 39seconds he took on the Pyrenees didn't matter and he would have won even if he would have waited. I do think Contador could have won the stage though.

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
Conty could have taken the stage but it would have been very unsporting to have sat on Schlecks shoulder all that way and nicked it at the end. Also they might be team mates next year. It has been a superb race, full of incident and drama and no drugs busts as yet. Still can get over that head butt. That was gbh. I think Chris Boardman and been superb and is a natural in front of the mike. Looking forward to todays time trial

raindog

er.....
Conty could have taken the stage but it would have been very unsporting to have sat on Schlecks shoulder all that way and nicked it at the end. Also they might be team mates next year.
eh?!! Where did you hear that?:eek:

The Schlecks will head a team based in Luxembourg and Berto is on the point of resigning with Vino's mob, although there are rumours that Riis is trying to entice him with a big bucks contract.

Top Bottom