Stage 18 TT **SPOILER**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Molecule Man

It would add an interesting tactical dimension, trying to juggle arrival times at each set of lights to maximise your chances of a clear run.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
simon walsh said:
Garmin are questioning Wiggo's time.

???

Where does it say this?

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I heard that Contador had won the stage on Radio 5 and thought 'nah, they've got that wrong...'

yello

Wiggins did have a problem with the rear dérailleur but I don't think it cost him much, if any, time.

Just a little taster of what went past us today. Great day, a real party atmosphere.

Click on the thumbnails for the full size picure.

th_Schleck.jpg

th_Wiggins.jpg

th_Lancecrop.jpg

th_Contador.jpg

Attachments

• th_Schleck.jpg
    th_Schleck.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 26
  • th_Wiggins.jpg
    th_Wiggins.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 30

zaid

It was reported that Wiggins and the other top GC guys had a bit of a head wind on the last bit, compared to when the likes of Cancellara and the earlier guys went.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I think Ventoux will actually be okay for Bradley. He will just settle down and power up. He needs to avoid trying to match sudden accelerations by the real grimpeurs, he just needs to treat it like a long pursuit. His climbing on the hill in the TT yesterday was better than almost anyone's.

NickM

Veteran
Will that be enough, if he wants to be on the podium in Paris? Can he ride Armstrong off his wheel?

I'm assuming that 3rd is the target and that he probably doesn't see much difference between non-podium positions. Might as well come 7th as 4th, as long as you have tried as hard as you are able to get 3rd.

yello

NickM said:
Can he ride Armstrong off his wheel?

No. Quite simply, Armstrong won't let him. Armstrong will be mob handed and Wiggins will have Vande Velde (if he's lucky).

yello said:
No. Quite simply, Armstrong won't let him. Armstrong will be mob handed and Wiggins will have Vande Velde (if he's lucky).
If the Schlecks have a go again Bertie will be obliged to follow them and if Wiggy can hang on to them for long enough he's already shown that he can drop LA. It's not impossible.

yello

Chuffy said:
If the Schlecks have a go again Bertie will be obliged to follow them and if Wiggy can hang on to them for long enough he's already shown that he can drop LA. It's not impossible.

True, yes, it's possible.

I reckon that's a big IF though! Armstrong and Astana will want the podium and they know what they've got to do to get it - don't let Wiggins get away. Contador has shown he can go alone so I reckon he'll be left to that (unless he's getting seriously beat up!) and the focus will be on keeping Armstrong in 3rd. Armstrong's got the savvy to see that happens. And don't forget Armstrong dropped Wiggins on Le Grand-Bornand, so it's 1 each on that score.

There's other riders in the equation too though. It's not inconceivable for Schleck Snr to take 3rd, he's only seconds behind. In fact, the more I think of it the more likely I see it.

But who knows what will happen today. It could all change. I doubt it but it could!

Top Bottom