Stage 20 *Spoiler*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Well, this is it. The giant of Provence. The most (in)famous climb in France. The bald mountain when men have risked everything (and even died) trying to give it one last effort.

It won't be quite the decisive race for yellow that some had hoped, but a lot can still change especially for Bradley Wiggins. At the end of it Wiggins could be anywhere between 3rd and 7th but wherever he comes, this will still have been a great tour for him.

And today, I hope, is going to be a great stage.

maurice

It should be an amazing stage, all the GC guys will be pulling out all the stops. Could see some spectacular blow ups.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
After the antics the other day with Contador and the two schlecks getting away, Contador breaking Kloden and Armstrong and Nibali catching him I'm really looking forward to it. Although Wiggins could finish anywhere between 3rd and 7th I do hope it's 3rd-5th.

Skip Madness

As much as I would love to be wrong, I have to say that I find it hard to see Wiggins finishing above sixth - maybe fifth if Klöden totally sacrifices himself for Armstrong.

But I reckon Nibali won't be able to pull out enough time on him. Here's tomorrow night's GC to save you the bother of watching the stage:

1. Alberto Contador
2. Andy Schleck
3. Lance Armstrong
4. Andreas Klöden
5. Fränk Schleck
6. Bradley Wiggins
7. Vincenzo Nibali

Yeah, probably wrong, but whatever.

MichaelM

Guru
I think Frank Schleck will move up today, at least fourth possibly up to third. Kloden may also take a few seconds out of Wiggins. I hope I'm spouting nonsense though and Wiggins takes the stage with a 5'37" gap on Contador !

My top 5 after today's stage:

1. Alberto Contador
2. Andy Schleck
3. Lance Armstrong
4. Fränk Schleck
5. Andreas Klöden

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
According to William Fotheringham today, "Mount Ventoux doesn't like Armstrong"... I hope it likes Bradley better but we shall see! I certainly think that the long straight up the side of the mountain suits a powerful long-limbed endurance athlete better than a typical little steep-slopes climber, but that would be a good description of both Armstrong and Wiggins. Perhaps not either Nibali or the Schlecks though... I think the latter might be knackered and, if they aren't on the sauce, they might have a harder time. Of course, given the effort Bradley has been putting in to staying in his unaccustomed high position, he might also be all blown out already. Kloden will do well, I think.

surfgurl

ITV4 is showing coverage from 1pm

MichaelM

Guru
Panic over, it's the highlights from yesterday's stage at 11 !

I've never managed so much housework in 45 mins. maybe I'll go and mow the lawn now.

Halfmanhalfbike

Über Member
dan_bo said:
It may or may not be of interest that there are strong (70mph this morning, apparently) winds at the top of ventoux. I'd like to see how the diminutive Schlecks and Contidors of this race get on with that!
Headwind or tailwind?

If it's a tailwind then maybe Cav could win the stage:biggrin:

Top Bottom