Stage 5 **SPOILER**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

I hope Cav does the job today but will also throw in scenario B, where a breakaway group holds on....Fedrigo

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
It looks like to me that Cav's not had the best build up to the tour, what with him being outgassed by an old fhart yesterday- I hope i'm proved wrong but that abcess has really knocked him back.

That said, it's definitely a fast lad's finish today. So i'll go for Cav.

Steve H

Large Member
Hi guys - I've been off work all this week and for the first time ever I've watched the Tour de France on ITV4. Pretty fascinating stuff - I even ended up shouting at the tele at the end of yesterday's stage.

So what's the deal with the breakaway? It seems like a lot of hard work for not much reward? On these current stages it seems an inevitability that the peloton will reel them in in the last 40km. Do they just do it to get the sponsor name on the television, or is there some race value in being out there??

Cheers

Cheers

biking_fox

Guru
is there some race value in being out there??

They get the sprint points - but I don't think any of them are in it for the Green. There always a chance the breakaway will win - some days it does, especially if the peleton are tired after some busy sections or the Yellow's not in danger.

Breakaway needs to be pulled in now, they've had enough air time
Today 14:33iAmiAdamBreakaway needs to be pulled in now, they've had enough air time

Doubt it - they don't want a 2nd breakaway with 10s K still to go. They'll let them dangle right down to the last couple k is my guess.

groucho

It's purely about coverage for your sponsor at this stage of the race. Maybe picking off a few Green Jersey points from the competition team.

montage

God Almighty
groucho said:
It's purely about coverage for your sponsor at this stage of the race. Maybe picking off a few Green Jersey points from the competition team.

..and there is always the chance it will work, as it did the other day, which will do your career an infinate amount of good.
But yer, mainly for the sponsors and to gather a reputation

Brilliant lead out for Cav, much better done.

biking_fox

Guru
git. I'd just dropped him from my team.

I guess I'd like stages somewhat less crash strewn than earlier in the week, but more interesting than today.

Top Bottom