1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stage 7 - Spoiler

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by Keith Oates, 14 Jul 2007.

1. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

So today the lumps get bigger and we can really see who is showing good from. With Vino being behind some other fancied GC contenders do you think he will try to blast them or will Valverde and co make sure he's not going too far ahead. That is of course if his injuries are not preventing him from competing!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Carlos Sastre would be my bet for the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. chris42

chris42 New Member

how about the funky chicken??

3. Steve Austin

Steve Austin The Marmalade Kid

valverde will do something, but i have a sneaky feeling for one of the disco boys, leipheimer of contador might put in a show

Vino and kloden are hurting (if the pictures are to be believed) and anyone wanting the GC can take some time out of them both today.

Then again, vino could come out flying :?:

4. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

Totally agree Steve apart from the V ino flying bit. He's suffering right now. Valverde for the tour but possibly a Disco stage win today.

On another note and not to put a downer on things but do we think Wiggins will survive today? He was hung out to dry yesterday. Good luck Bradders!

5. chris42

chris42 New Member

here is somthing to consider..
    big descent into the finish and his team mates injured how about a Savoldelli???

6. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Well it's underway and seems it's going to be a hard and hot day with temps at 27 C. Boonen with the early points in the first sprint of the day has gained a bit more over Zabel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Steve Austin

that 8 minute lead is quite big, isn't it?

anyone a threat for the stage in that group?

8. chris42

chris42 New Member

salvodlli

9. SamNichols

SamNichols New Member

I forgot it was Bastille day. Any one want to hazard a name? Personally, I wouldn't mind Sastre to get today, would like to see him hit some form.

10. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Savoldelli could be a threat if his leader is not having a good day and he doesn't have to work for him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Steve Austin

seems to be coming back together 5.34 apart now

12. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Yes and today with the higher speeds it seems to be more of a TdF atmosphere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

40K to go and the break with a 6 min lead, it's beginning to look good for Savoldelli IMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. TimO

TimO Veteran

Oh no it doesn't since he just fell off the back of the leading group, after a couple of km's into the last climb.

15. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

That's why I'm not a DS :eek: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!