Stage 8 **SPOILER**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mangaman

Excuse the (silly) question, why doesn't Armstrong let Kloden, Brakovij and Horner go on at their own pace, if they can go more quickly.

Probably because Armstrong was clinging to the forlorn hope that there may be a crash in the peloton and he might be able to get back up.

Didn't happen today - shame to see Wiggins drop 60 secs though.

From the team's perspective there was no point in Lance saying to Brakovij (who was suffering anyway) and Horner (who still looked good) go ahead and leave me.

They'd have never caught Leipheimer who had Kloden as a domestique.

Better holding back Horner and Brakovij for later as domestiques for Leipheimer

I think Lance will fly home on the rest day myself

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Thank you Mangaman for that explanation. I had forgotten about Liepheimer being further ahead.

Crankarm

Guru
It's no longer the Tour de Lance .............

I bet LA will throw in the towel either in or just after the Alps. Or maybe he decides to continue but instead making sure he gets to Paris without being eliminated on time and really enjoys himself making this his swan song Pro race? A time to build some bridges and big up those who are much younger and able to win the Tour. He's had his time and a very successful time at that.

lukesdad

Interesting to see Basso and Sastre in that group, not their sort of climbs today. Considering he wasn t susposed to be doing the tour Carlos didn t get dropped at the start of the climb and gradually moved through the group when he needed to. My wager at 60/1 is starting to look rather good :smile: . I do hope he s been sandbagging and used the Giro as a training exercise.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Unless Lance is actually injured from the tumbles then his best move would be to work the rest of the tour for Leipheimmer. Just do domestique duties early in each stage and then keep himself within the time limit by joining the bus. That would be great for his PR and a decent thing to do.

montage

God Almighty
Unless Lance is actually injured from the tumbles then his best move would be to work the rest of the tour for Leipheimmer. Just do domestique duties early in each stage and then keep himself within the time limit by joining the bus. That would be great for his PR and a decent thing to do.

He said he is going to stay in and enjoy the next 2 weeks on his twitter feed. I doubt he will bury himself for the team, but I reckon he will work for levi, and possibly go for a stage (but I can't see him winning any of the stages)

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's

He said he is going to stay in and enjoy the next 2 weeks on his twitter feed. I doubt he will bury himself for the team, but I reckon he will work for levi, and possibly go for a stage (but I can't see him winning any of the stages)

good for him if he does, I'm sure there are plenty of riders in the peleton that wouldn't mind seeing him ferrying some water bottles, setting the pace and providing shelter for other riders.

Regardless of how we view him, from a riders persepctive he's brought a lot of money and interest to cycling, a sort of Tiger Woods effect. A little touch of the common and humble now would see him ending on a popular note.

rich p

ridiculous old lush

good for him if he does, I'm sure there are plenty of riders in the peleton that wouldn't mind seeing him ferrying some water bottles, setting the pace and providing shelter for other riders.

Regardless of how we view him, from a riders persepctive he's brought a lot of money and interest to cycling, a sort of Tiger Woods effect. A little touch of the common and humble now would see him ending on a popular note.

Seeing him caught bang to rights by Landis's 'evidence' would make a lot of people happy!

montage

God Almighty

Seeing him caught bang to rights by Landis's 'evidence' would make a lot of people happy!

...and bring the sport to it's knees

He's part of history (should have stayed there) and if the Federal investigation turns up anything then that would be a good thing as it would cut out a festering sore that's been eating away at the sport for many years.

Top Bottom