Stage 8 **SPOILER**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I wouldn't mind if he left, it would at least stop me screaming at the telly to feck off back to the front of the race to where it's all happening.

Anyway, back on topic...

I don't know Mangaman. It was said of Merckx that the French only truly liked him after he completed the Tour, despite being injured, because to abandon would cheapen Thevenet's victory.

I reckon Tex owes the team a few water bottles and that the decent thing would be to ride for the rest of the team. I dare say that Team Spinstrong will go to work, but hey, that's life.

I wouldn't mind if he left, it would at least stop me screaming at the telly to feck off back to the front of the race to where it's all happening.
Not just me then! I did love the way that Phil was desperately trying to rescue things by banging on about how clever they were to have Levi up front. :rolleyes:

Not just me then! I did love the way that Phil was desperately trying to rescue things by banging on about how clever they were to have Levi up front. :rolleyes:

I was thinking about that. They just take the feed though don't they. It's the French editors doing all the Armstrong lingering. I'd still like to see the footage of him loving the cobbles, unless they're the ones outside the patisserie when he rides off for the teams morning croissants.

Stange

Seen it before but i just loved the way A Schleck waited until Bert looked the other way before going for it! Wiggins found his level today, sad to say. As for Lance, bad day. Life goes on, on the tour he's had several very lucky years, what goes around.....

oh yeah, happy for cuddles too. He loves those little lions.

mangaman

Anyway, back on topic...

I don't know Mangaman. It was said of Merckx that the French only truly liked him after he completed the Tour, despite being injured, because to abandon would cheapen Thevenet's victory.

I reckon Tex owes the team a few water bottles and that the decent thing would be to ride for the rest of the team. I dare say that Team Spinstrong will go to work, but hey, that's life.

I agree Chuffy - my 1st thought was he would bugger off home, then I realised the PR men will be all over him telling him to limp to Paris as a super-Domestique and regain the respect of the French.

I just had a horrible vision of throwing up all over my newish TV watching Lance suddenly trying to be humble / respect the sport etc. I'd rather he'd go back to Texas and shag C-list celebs again and we could concentrate on a great race.

If Schlek can really hurt the others in the mountains - which it looks as if he can - we could come down to one of those Fignon/LeMond type nailbiting TTs with Schlek in front, but Contador, Evans and even Menchov capable of hammering him in a TT

. I'd hate to see the press obsessing over the increasing irrelevancy that is Armstrong.

Does anyone think Sky's tactics were a bit odd yesterday. If they hadn't driven it at that point then maybe Wiggins wouldn't have cooked. I heard Wiggins say if they didn't someone else would. Maybe but maybe not. Once again Sky are missing from the sharp end of the race as it hots up.

raindog

er.....
Does anyone think Sky's tactics were a bit odd yesterday.
Absolutely. They don't have a climber who can compete at the front or win that kind of stage so it wasn't their place to up the pace or put pressure on at the front. They could've just sat back and waited. Not that the result for them would've been any different.

montage

God Almighty
Does anyone think Sky's tactics were a bit odd yesterday. If they hadn't driven it at that point then maybe Wiggins wouldn't have cooked. I heard Wiggins say if they didn't someone else would. Maybe but maybe not. Once again Sky are missing from the sharp end of the race as it hots up.

It was certainly an ill timed mistake, but good to see sky had the ability to cause such carnage.

Top Bottom