Stage 9 **SPOILER**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

dtp said:
Anyone got the Eurosport stream today? I can only find french ones.

I have Eurosport audio, but cannot find any live video streams which are working in any language!

Good to see Mr Moncoutie near the front today! :biggrin:

Edit - just managed to get video steam from France 2

mr-marty-martin

ive been this one all the time its fine...

the coverage is slightly in front of the earo sport commentry you'll be listining to..

http://www.justin.tv/tv_desporto1

yello

Will1985 said:
Could be a bunch sprint...

I reckon so. The 2 breakaways are steadily being reeled in. Columbia are showing but I've no idea if Cavendish is amongst them.

Oh, and bid farewell to the Pyranees. Tourmalet wasted this year praps??

What's with the Peloton in this year? Too many teams are content to let others do the work and they got their just reward yet again.

yello

It happens doesn't it? The teams are happy with 'no change' so why bust a gut? There's a long way to go after all. For me, it's just a shame to waste a half decent climb.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
yello said:
It happens doesn't it? The teams are happy with 'no change' so why bust a gut? There's a long way to go after all. For me, it's just a shame to waste a half decent climb.

I agree, Yello. I can't see the point of these non-mountain top finishes in the Pyrenees and Alps. At least make the run in short enough for someone to risk an attack.

onthe_road

It's not just about climbing. By doing it that way good descenders have a chance to catch up and make time. Plus, there are two mountain finishes to go so pure climbers are having their chance. I think it's a pretty good spread this year - a mountain top finish and a TT close together right at the end should make it pretty exciting.

yello

onthe_road said:
a mountain top finish and a TT close together right at the end should make it pretty exciting.

Oh, I agree. And it's not that I don't understand the why of it... it's simply a wish for 'climbing action', if I can phrase it like that. I like mountain top finishers so, for me, grimpeurs are where it's at! :smile:

Well a 3rd French stage win, jeez. And he was a proper Frenchman, see his nose :smile:

The Bob Roll interiew was interesting at the end of ITV4. He was saying that Bertie will have less advantage in the Alps with their lower gradient and better surfaces. So far, there has not been much climbing action. In fact I'm hoping there's not going to be a huge anti-climax. I don't like this route.

yello

Crackle said:
And he was a proper Frenchman, see his nose :smile:

Now now!

My wife noticed it whilst he was still head down going for it, in specs and helmet. I wasn't paying THAT much attention and it was only afterwards that I could appreciate it in its full Gallic glory!

Top Bottom