Starting again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jim55

Guru
Hiya peeps IV not cycled for ages but I'm Gona get into it again ,long story but need to buy again ,any recommendations I'm only looking at 500 or less just now ,when I'm fit again IL get a decent road bike.
I'm thinking flat bar hybrid ,prefer discs it not fussed on forks sis as at this level ther prob rubbish ,Halfords? Carrera/ Boardman ? Comments

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
If you're thinking of changing to a road bike at some point in the future anyway, how about Decathlon's cheap & cheerful Triban RC120 gravel bike: https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/rc-120-disc-road-bike-blue-microshift/_/R-p-308064 Got mechanical discs, got a carbon fibre fork, will take a luggage rack and mudguards for practicality and under the £500.

I believe they do a flat bar version too if you would prefer that for the time being. Their nearest store is in Renfrew.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Unfortunately due to lockdown there aren't many good deals on new bikes. My OH got a Cannondale hybrid Quick 6 at the end of 2019 very cheap, but like most bikes, these are now back up to the rrp of around £450. He likes it very much though so it's a range you might want to consider.

I'd go to a big store like Evans and see what you fancy. If there's nothing you like you can always look for a used bike to get you back into it and save your big cash for a road bike. Usually a few Decathlon hybrid or mtb bikes on ebay or Gumtree. Let us know what you buy.

Top Bottom