"'Stasi spies' on the motorways: Big Brother fears as motorists are urged to inform on each other"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That link doesn't take me to the story. All I can see is a vast number of Daily Mail headlines - they are bizarre.

Globalti

Legendary Member
There's nothing new about this; up here in Lancs for five years the Police have been encouraging our residents' action group to use the non-emergency number to report people racing through our street to beat the lights on the main road. They haven't publicised it but they have certainly encouraged us. We have dealt with an habitual speeder living in an adjoining street and he doesn't speed any more.

OP
OP
Bman

Bman

Guru
That link doesn't take me to the story. All I can see is a vast number of Daily Mail headlines - they are bizarre.

Sorry, I messed up the link and I cant edit it now. If the mods could do it, it may help?

And yes, the DM headlines are bizarre! :smile:

asterix

Comrade Member
So if I see a bad driver I should ignore it because if I report it that would be like East Germany. Presumably the Mail would apply the same logic to any crime I saw taking place: my neighbour being assaulted; illegal immigrants and so on? No, of course not, the DM is simply pandering to the prejudices of its rather dim readership. What's new?

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Hypocracy

How is it they (DM) can write an article about Stasi/Big Brother surveilance and 'shopping' motorists, and also write an article slamming someone for trying to get off a speeding fine?

rich p

ridiculous old lush

"How our beloved dog, Looby Loo, came back from the dead - as a rock"

It's so tempting I almost want to read it but I might feel grubby reading the DM

Top Bottom