Statin tablets.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I have been taking them for about 30 years and constantly hear conflicting views about the possible effects on your heart.
I must say they work great for controlling your cholesterol as mine is spot on now according to doctors and it was quite high before I started taking them.
Last September, my brother in law, who was also a GP, died of a massive heart attack due to an enlarged heart and calcification of the valves. Apparently, this may be caused by a combination of taking statin and blood pressure tablets, which got me wondering, although my blood pressure is spot on so I can rule this one out so no tablets for that.
What are your views on it if you have medical knowledge?

Last edited:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
@Bill Gates will be along pretty soon....

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Don’t tag him a third time whatever you do :eek::eek::eek:

beetlejuice_4.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

I've been taking statins for years, along with low dose aspirin and bisoprolol, I've had angina and a heart attack, I'm aware of all the conflicting information on statins and it does make me wonder, but I'll keep taking my medication, I won't take the chance and stop anything, I don't want another heart attack.

Bill Gates

No doubt "The Knights" have contributed to this thread already and no doubt they have been totally disrespectful to me. I wouldn't know for sure because I have chosen to place them on ignore. Maybe they haven't. I don't want to know. "Th Knights" are the collective name I have given to those members on here who take statins and who have faith in their GPs who prescribed them to be necessary to help prevent CVD. Taken from the Moody Blues Song "Knight in White Statins" (my little joke)

Where to start.

I used to take statins. Initially 20 mg a day and finally 80 mg a day after a heart attack. The side effects i experienced were extreme, and that was entirely due to me determination to once again be a competitive racing cyclist and training my guts out to get there. Exercise Intolerance is not something I was made aware of and it was only after a race where I was completely racked with pain in my thighs and total exhaustion that I began to investigate it thoroughly. That was 16 years ago.

I could write a book on the subject. Over the years I have received a lot of abuse on this and other forums. I'm used to it. All I can do is open the door to the possibility for you that these drugs are not only unnecessary but are in fact poison. There are various studies cited on both sides of the debate. You quote one study and another is quoted back at you. If you start with a hypothesis then it is simple and quick to find a study that backs up your point of view. The clue as to which is correct is to follow the money. Studies resourced by the pharmaceutical companies unsurprisingly show that statins work in reducing the risk of CVD. Independently run companies show some frightening results from their studies.

Statins work. They reduce cholesterol. But what if high cholesterol isn't a factor in CVD.

Check out Prof Sherif Sultan and Dr Aseem Malhotra. Neither of whom have anything to gain from telling you the truth about statins.

Me - Flush then down the toilet as soon as you can. Check out Bulldogs Birthday Workout on here. I'm 71 and feel great. None of those guys on statins will show you likewise. Especially "The knights" Come on guys put your money where your mouth is. If Statins are so good why do you feel like sh1t?

classic33

Leg End Member
No doubt "The Knights" have contributed to this thread already and no doubt they have been totally disrespectful to me. I wouldn't know for sure because I have chosen to place them on ignore. Maybe they haven't. I don't want to know. "Th Knights" are the collective name I have given to those members on here who take statins and who have faith in their GPs who prescribed them to be necessary to help prevent CVD. Taken from the Moody Blues Song "Knight in White Statins" (my little joke)

Where to start.

I used to take statins. Initially 20 mg a day and finally 80 mg a day after a heart attack. The side effects i experienced were extreme, and that was entirely due to me determination to once again be a competitive racing cyclist and training my guts out to get there. Exercise Intolerance is not something I was made aware of and it was only after a race where I was completely racked with pain in my thighs and total exhaustion that I began to investigate it thoroughly. That was 16 years ago.

I could write a book on the subject. Over the years I have received a lot of abuse on this and other forums. I'm used to it. All I can do is open the door to the possibility for you that these drugs are not only unnecessary but are in fact poison. There are various studies cited on both sides of the debate. You quote one study and another is quoted back at you. If you start with a hypothesis then it is simple and quick to find a study that backs up your point of view. The clue as to which is correct is to follow the money. Studies resourced by the pharmaceutical companies unsurprisingly show that statins work in reducing the risk of CVD. Independently run companies show some frightening results from their studies.

Statins work. They reduce cholesterol. But what if high cholesterol isn't a factor in CVD.

Check out Prof Sherif Sultan* and Dr Aseem Malhotra neither of whom have anything to gain from telling you the truth about statins.1

Me - Flush then down the toilet as soon as you can. Check out Bulldogs Birthday Workout on here. I'm 71 and feel great. None of those guys on statins will show you likewise. Especially "The knights" Come on guys put your money where your mouth is. If Statins are so good why do you feel like sh1t?
*Who advised "any patient who was taking statins and had concerns to talk to their doctor about them and heed their advice."
You can always call him on his mobile, 00 353 85 1295141 and ask him why he's pushing/promoting himself so much.
*Who just happens to be pushing his Pioppi Diet.

And I'm not taking/on statins.

Bill Gates

an awful lot of presuming right there in that statement.

I am taking statins and don't feel like shoot …..happy to help :okay:

View attachment 506615
I'll say the same thing to you as I've said to others who are taking statins. Good Luck

classic33

Leg End Member
"Th Knights" are the collective name I have given to those members on here who take statins and who have faith in their GPs who prescribed them to be necessary to help prevent CVD. Taken from the Moody Blues Song "Knight in White Statins" (my little joke)
Not much of a joke
The clue as to which is correct is to follow the money. Studies resourced by the pharmaceutical companies unsurprisingly show that statins work in reducing the risk of CVD. Independently run companies show some frightening results from their studies.
With the names given so far, all pushing their own "poison" for money.

I'm aware of the first you've named, and wish I wasn't. Goes back to the gagging order placed on him by the HSE.
Me - Flush then down the toilet as soon as you can.
Why waste three lots of money, seeing the doctor, getting the prescription, then getting the prescription filled, just so you can flush them down the toilet.[/QUOTE]

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Statins has certainly controlled my cholesterol level and the only side effect I seem to get is cramps in my right thigh at night, sometimes.
I take 20mg a day. To put my mind at rest, I think I will have a word with my GP and ask specific questions.
By the way, any GPs on this forum to give us their opinion on it?

Bill Gates

I don't think I need your good luck wishes
I do think you need to drop the arrogance and childish names (the knights) and accept that people are different , not everyone is exactly the same as you.

i cant imagine why :wacko::wacko:
You win the argument. Congratulations. I am an arrogant childish arseole. There I admit it. But I'm not stupid. At the end of the day you are taking statins and I'm not. The real winner won't be known until another few years have gone by. I can only open the door it's you who has to apply your own rationality to what is most likely.

Top Bottom