Statins work.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bill Gates

A bit of googling can put up as many arguments for them too. :rolleyes:

I'd rather not go along with a 7.5 reading despite exercise and a good diet. I'm already in a very low risk category for heart problems, nor are there any on either side of my parents. I've no side effects from my low dose. My mate dropped dead and he was 'healthy'.

My dose is a quarter of what Fab Foodie is on, but it's lowered my cholesterol massively, and quickly. I've got a good ticker, I'd rather keep it that way.

Good Luck!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

Good Luck!

I can't be ar$ed. I'm not either for or against statins, nor am I bothered about fat in foods as I eat a good balanced diet (I like food too much).

Having a very high blood cholesterol isn't good for the arteries. Not being funny, but you are most likely on a stack of other medication for your two heart attacks, and adding in something else probably isn't going to help anyway. Beta blockers are a nasty medication with lots of side effects.

There are a few people on this thread that they have worked well for.

Bill Gates

Going back to April 2004. I had a heart attack. MY GP gave me a cocktail of drugs to take. A sort of tick box situation. I told him that I intended to return to riding my bike as exercise with a view to race again. OK so far. I rode my socks off in training and went out with the Kingston Wheelers and after a time could hold my own on club rides of 3/4 hours duration. I started racing in February 2005 and surprised lots of people with my performance. On track here we go. In April 2005 within 12 months of my heart attack I did a 25 mile TT and on a cold windy day with my disc rear wheel shuddering like mad as soon as I hit over 30 mph I did 1.00.04. As good as an hour. From then on things did not improve. By now I was on 80 mg Lipitor. I was suffering from massive muscle pains in my thighs. I was getting palpitations and suffered erectile dysfunction, fatigue like you wouldn't believe. On finishing my next and last race where I literally fell off the bike at the finish, ( I couldn't stand up) I googled statins and you know the rest

That is why I tell everyone I can about them. back in 2005 I was labelled a nutter and suffered loads of abuse online. I wish that there was a me in 2004 out there who could have warned me. You guys reading this have no excuse.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
@Bill Gates, when you were started on the asprin, we're you told that stopping it doubles your risk of another heart attack. The research is out there, easy find as it's listed under the known side effects.

And if we're allowed to tell others that we feel that the medication they are taking for long term conditions, based on our own experiences as evidence to back up what we are saying, then I'll say that all painkillers and local anaesthetics be banned.

I'm unable to be take/be given either. The last was given in the A&E, and it stopped the heart. The same as it did in 2011, in the same A&E and at a dentists some years before that. Thinking about it, I ended up in the same A&E. Outside of a hospital ward, I've not been able to take or be prescribed painkillers.

We are all different, and we all react to the same medications in our own ways. It's why the Yellow Card system is in place. To report any side effects not listed. For me, reporting it got the trusts computers "talking to one another". I just avoid taking them, without saying others are wrong for taking what works for them.

Bill Gates

@Bill Gates, when you were started on the asprin, we're you told that stopping it doubles your risk of another heart attack. The research is out there, easy find as it's listed under the known side effects.

And if we're allowed to tell others that we feel that the medication they are taking for long term conditions, based on our own experiences as evidence to back up what we are saying, then I'll say that all painkillers and local anaesthetics be banned.

I'm unable to be take/be given either. The last was given in the A&E, and it stopped the heart. The same as it did in 2011, in the same A&E and at a dentists some years before that. Thinking about it, I ended up in the same A&E. Outside of a hospital ward, I've not been able to take or be prescribed painkillers.

We are all different, and we all react to the same medications in our own ways. It's why the Yellow Card system is in place. To report any side effects not listed. For me, reporting it got the trusts computers "talking to one another". I just avoid taking them, without saying others are wrong for taking what works for them.
when you were started on the asprin, we're you told that stopping it doubles your risk of another heart attack. The research is out there, easy find as it's listed under the known side effects.

Genuinely interested. Please show me

PK99

Legendary Member
Like the OP I've put my money where my mouth is. The following email was sent a few minutes ago in response to an invitation to take part in a clinical trial for inclisiran, which is a drug designed to reduce levels of LDL cholesterol. I copied in my GP.

Dear sir,

With reference to the above clinical trial I would like to make the following observations. Reducing my cholesterol levels is to be avoided as it will only reduce the length of my life. The statistics show that the higher the LDL the longer I will live. Don’t believe me ? Then please look at the references below.

The introduction into my system of inclisiran would lower my survival rate and I would think very carefully before you inject this stuff, what is in effect poison, into some poor unfortunate who doesn’t know any better.

I.e. Take this as a No from me.

Yours sincerely

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQWZbfkpNhY

https://sherifsultan.ie/about/

A contrary medical view of Sultan's work and recommendations:

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/hse-gags-surgeon-after-cholesterol-drug-claims-29636095.html

Bill Gates

You're unconvinced. Fair enough. If you want to keep taking statins then no one is stopping you. Good Luck

vickster

Legendary Member
The
indeed. And why every pack of medication comes with a detailed PIL informing of potential side effects / contraindications/ interactions that have been documented to date, frequent and rare which is there for every patient to read and discuss with their HCP if they have concerns or a need for more info :okay:

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
IMHO any professional in any field who refers to themselves as 'the best' is probably one to avoid. Braggadocio is an admirable quality in sportspeople and rappers, not doctors and surgeons.
But what if he really is the best? He might simply be brilliant an honest.

We can't simply assume that all people who claim to excell are being chumps. Assumptions is what starts threads like this in the first place.

Bill Gates

The

indeed. And why every pack of medication comes with a detailed PIL informing of potential side effects / contraindications/ interactions that have been documented to date, frequent and rare which is there for every patient to read and discuss with their HCP if they have concerns or a need for more info :okay:
Not my quote WTF

If you suffer side effects its too late. The damage is done. In my case, according Professor Sultan, to recover would take 12 months. Like I said in a separate thread The guidelines do not tell you what causes the side effects. Exercise !!! One of the things that you should do is the very thing that gives you the problems. What they should say writ bold is If you exercise you will get side effects

Top Bottom