Stay Healthy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

charlottebainb

I'm a new at cycling is there any ways to lose weight, and stay healthy. I ride 15 to 20 miles on 4 or 5 days per week?

Charlotte

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Hi & :wacko:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hi Charlotte and welcome to the site.
Well, it seems you are well on your way to getting healthy and losing weight.
Just make sure you are eating a well balanced healthy food intake. Cut down on the booze if you drink, cut out the crap processed foods and snacks and above all keep cycling. The weight soon drops and your fitness soon rises.

Have a look at this link to see what cycling can do for someone who I would imagine had a bigger problem then most. Our very own gb155 aka The Incredible Shrinking Gaz. Watch the video and be inspired

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Hello Charlotte welcome to the forum.I started regular cycling about 8 months ago and have lost 3 stone and feel much fitter.

Only thing to watch out is that cycling does make you hungry but if you start snacking after or during rides you will not lose weight.

Rides up to about 30 mile you dont need any additional energy foods etc just drink plenty of water energy drinks are also loaded with calories and you dont need them.

Good Luck Enjoy your cycling:smile:

bonk man

The only problem with cycling is... the amount of cake you might eat if you join a club and go out on Sunday morning club rides.... you have been warned:biggrin:

yello

Hello Charlotte. Diet is more important than exercise if you want to loose weight. And by diet, I don't mean things you stop eating. I mean the things you do eat, and will continue to eat, once you've reached your target weight. Diet is about balance not denial.... yes, you have cake as a part of your diet!

I'm probably not saying anything you don't already know!

Keep up the cycling, you're doing well!

jay clock

Massive member
cycling does make you hungry but if you start snacking after or during rides you will not lose weight.
not true, as long as the snacks are healthy and the total cals in are less than those expended. I guess what you mean is that unlimited Mars bars is just not on! Just eat healthily, cut out the crap and the hi-cal stuff, do lots of exercise and you will lose weight

Top Bottom