Staying motivated

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hang on - is this just someone else plugging his new blog..?

I need to start learning Spanish ....
1 of my 15 mile commutes is a 2.5hr Spanish lesson once a week at a local(ish) college. 27 lessons £89 on adult education... now trying to get my head around more advanced directions. Basic ones were easy (left, right, straight on), but something behind something elses, next to, in front of, above, or at the end of the road are driving me mad because I keep mixing it up with French, Russian or just baling to German (my main 2nd language)... so today's task are some pictures with the spanish words to be printed up on card to be stuck to the kitchen cupboard doors (yet again, random numbers exist there at the moment) because the normal flash cards have not worked for me this week :sad:

MarkF

Guru
I am not motivated to ride in darkest winter, not all all, I like to go out for hours and I don't like getting cold & wet. I join my local gym every December, 3 months for £69, I cycle away in warmth watching TV, "loose women" re-runs, mostly. :smile:

Crankarm

Guru
I hate riding in winter. It's bl00dy washing all the time. Bike and clothes I hate it. Costs a fortune as well and time wasted. Give me a proper summer's day 24-25C blue skies and sun lots of it. Winter and cycling sucks.

MarkF

Guru
Yes, what sort if fruitcake wants to get cold and wet, then have to clean up afterwards? I'll stick with the gym bike, loose women and a nice sauna after.

Yes, what sort if fruitcake wants to get cold and wet, then have to clean up afterwards? I'll stick with the gym bike, loose women and a nice sauna after.
the sort of fruitcake that can't afford a gym and doesn't get cold or wet when cycling in the winter and has no issue with having to wash their bike down and mickle the chain each and every ride (off to clean hands yet again).... sorry.:sad:
on the bright side of things - it is sunny here today, so just getting ready for a nice sunny cold ride with a snowy scene around me... should be fun. only choice now is which bike? road or mountain bike....

Top Bottom