steaming problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

damj

Hi Sunday gone tried out new balaclava style head warmer from aldi £5. Perfect opportunity for commute trial being about 1c. I already have similar motorcycle head warmer which is thicker and has more material around the neck(its actually really good and keeps me warm) however what sold me was the nose slit and ventilation holes around the mouth, thinking this would be good to stop steaming up my glasses - how wrong was I. Worse than ever!! anyone got any suggestions please? Cheers DJ

Oh it's THAT kind of steaming. I was steaming at the weekend . Different kind of steaming mind you . Sorry my mistake.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
smear glasses with washing up liquid and wipe off. The detergent breaks down surface tension on the drops of water ao it doesn't steam up in a foggy way. Spit works too and is the standard method for diving goggles. Cue the provebial American asking the dive guide "gee, have you got any anti-fog", "sure mate" spitting into his mask and handingnit back.

OP
OP
damj

damj

My specs only fog up when I stop.
So the solution seems to be keep going...;)
Some great suggestions there many thanks. Interesting about keeping going, there's a huge climb out of the village where live so my pace is slow. Funnily by the time I get to the top I don't need a balaclava

U

User32269

I got a snood / neck warmer free on front of magazine. Can pull up and use with breathable waterproof cap. Great as neck warmer when chilly nights hit. Do look like a bank robber though! Allows some control over area covered and keeps specks fog free.

Top Bottom