Steel frame repair near Chester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clockworksimon

Über Member
The chainstay on my cro-mo steel Orange C16 has sheared where it joins the dropout.
Can anyone advise on where I can get this repaired anywhere within a reasonable radius of Chester & St Helens?
Hopefully as it's steel it can be easily repaired. Any clues as to what sort of cost might be involved for basic repair (not re painting afterwards)
Thanks

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Steve Goff is quite close.

OP
OP
clockworksimon

clockworksimon

Über Member
Just taken my frame to Steve Goff in Skelmersdale. The frame is fixable and worth fixing. Seems like just the man to know. His unit is really convenient to get to from the M6 and M58.

OP
OP
clockworksimon

clockworksimon

Über Member
It's the dropout that's sheared where it enters the chainstay on the drive side. Told to expect about £75 with paint to repaired area. Seems very reasonable

si_c

Guru
How'd the repair go? I've just had a chainstay snap on the same side by the bridge, if you've had a good repair, then might give him a shout see how much it'll be.

OP
OP
clockworksimon

clockworksimon

Über Member
Am very happy with the repair. He fitted branded Ritchey dropouts and painted the repaired areas for me. He doesn't appear to do modern technology so you will need to ring him and keep calling back if you don't get an answer. I thought the cost of the restaurant was very reasonable. I had considered binning the frame but am really glad I didn't. He had to order in the dropouts as those he had in stock weren't the right angle. Am happy to recommend.

midlife

Guru
Am very happy with the repair. He fitted branded Ritchey dropouts and painted the repaired areas for me. He doesn't appear to do modern technology so you will need to ring him and keep calling back if you don't get an answer. I thought the cost of the restaurant was very reasonable. I had considered binning the frame but am really glad I didn't. He had to order in the dropouts as those he had in stock weren't the right angle. Am happy to recommend.

What did you have to eat? :smile:

Shaun

Top Bottom