Stem length

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclist33

Let's be fair it's pretty obvious the OP was introducing a discussion topic with hopes of a useful decision or at least some things to think about, perish the thought even perhaps an offer of a swap.

Andy, there is a swapsies section in the Classifieds bit, by the way.

OP
OP
Andy clarke

Andy clarke

The thing is you join these forums for advise help etc all you get is self announced experts who claim to know it all and hate people asking questions

OP
OP
Andy clarke

Andy clarke

Let's be fair it's pretty obvious the OP was introducing a discussion topic with hopes of a useful decision or at least some things to think about, perish the thought even perhaps an offer of a swap.

Andy, there is a swapsies section in the Classifieds bit, by the way.
Thank you

400bhp

Guru
Farcebook is that way.

I ate my breakfast.

I cleaned my teeth.

I did stuff today.

I had a #random thought and decided to post on cyclechat.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Sometimes a question doesn't need a question mark.
It wasn't a question anyway, looks a lot more like a faceache or twittercarp status.

vickster

Legendary Member
I think the first post was a statement, although there was no reasoning provided but the OP may have posted elsewhere about a fit issue I guess :smile:

It depends why the OP needs a shorter stem - has your riding or fitting suggested this? The benefit of a different stem is for making sure the bike fits you, nothing else really

Cyclist33

A good example would be the fact that the majority of responses to the OP's post ask the question "Am I incapable of grasping context from a simple statement by a fellow forum member, and responding helpfully?" without using a question mark.

Linford

@400bhp , not everyone joining this forum has the level of etiquette awareness you possess.
The guy is asking for help and advice...if you don't want to give it then fine, but don't go driving him away because he didn't conform to your expectations.
This is the beginners section after all.

@Andy clarke a 20mm stem will make a fair bit of difference to your reach and comfort..more than 20mm you need to try a few and see how you get on. I went from a 110 to a 95 on my bike.