Stem Length

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Mrs Cube says the M62 is at a standstill. I'll set off via Rochdale/ Oldham over the tops at about 6, tyres pumped, lights attached. ......... I'll bring a 70 mm stem and a couple of bars. I've got some lock-on grips so we can swap about if you like.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
20141118_194420.jpg

Good excuse for a ride that. Nice one lads.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
What Dan meant to say is "What a fantastic ride, It is so much more exciting in the dark. Every feature of the trail is changed and more dangerous, just the way I like it." :laugh:

Here are the fantastic four :thumbsup:
upload_2014-11-18_22-3-26.png

We will definitely have to do it again, and bring @potsy along next time.

EDIT: By the way guys, I like the way you kept sending me ahead to check for trip wires and stuff....

OP
OP
Hacienda71

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Enjoyed that. Good ride and good company. Cheers for the loan of stems and bars Dan and Cubist. Will try some small changes and see what suits.
Must say enjoyed night riding, will have to do it more in the future.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
What Dan meant to say is "What a fantastic ride, It is so much more exciting in the dark. Every feature of the trail is changed and more dangerous, just the way I like it." :laugh:

Here are the fantastic four :thumbsup:
View attachment 62078

We will definitely have to do it again, and bring @potsy along next time.

EDIT: By the way guys, I like the way you kept sending me ahead to check for trip wires and stuff....

You look like miners about to descend to the coalface.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Yep, top ride! thanks fellas.

Jody

Stubborn git
Shame I live a bit too far away. Looks like it was a good night out.

Just want to give a quick shout to @Cubist for a couple of his recommendations A 50mm CNC stem from On One. Quality bit of kit for very few pennies and its also very light. Also bought 4 sets of Kevlar pads when they were on offer at Superstar. Great feel to them and they don't feel as gritty as sintered.

Just hoping the stem makes the bike feel like I want it to.

20141119_111802_zps6wb9vtr7.jpg

OP
OP
Hacienda71

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Having had a quick go on Cubists bike last night the shorter stem wider bar setup makes a big difference on handling. It turns on a six pence. Not sure how it will feel over steps etc but I will be trying various options out over the coming weeks.

Top Bottom