Steve Coogan to play Jimmy Savile in BBC drama

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Why not? There are enough documentaries, films and dramas about Hitler, and he was a nasty sort.

Just so long as it tells it as it was and doesn't glamourise the pilthy fervert. I quite like Steve Coogan, hope he does a decent job.

My one concern is that the Beeb may take the opportunity to put their own spin on it, and attempt to rewrite history where the culpability is involved. I guess we'll know soon enough.

Chislenko

Veteran
How's about that then.

As far as I am aware, other people may know better, but Jimmy Saville was never actually prosecuted for anything.

Do all the people who are condemning him know for certain that he has committed these crimes?

I am not taking sides with J. Saville one way or the other but I do find it strange how everybody is influenced by what they read nowadays and never question anything.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Well, the feds are on record as ssying that had he not been dead they would be charging him with multiple crimes.

The allegations were being made while he was alive, decades before he died, remember. Its not as if people are suddenly coming out of the woodwork.

Chislenko

Veteran
Well, the feds are on record as ssying that had he not been dead they would be charging him with multiple crimes.

The allegations were being made while he was alive, decades before he died, remember. Its not as if people are suddenly coming out of the woodwork.

Allegations is the key word there. Is there any physical evidence.

Obviously because of your job you will know more than me would allegations bring about a prosecution?

cookiemonster

Legendary Member

I read that the first allegation was made against him in 1963. But, as time went on, he was so politically connected that no-one would really question him and, if anyone did, he was a serial litigator and was able to silence them.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Allegations is the key word there. Is there any physical evidence.

Obviously because of your job you will know more than me would allegations bring about a prosecution?

Wow! :eek:

Drago

Legendary Member
In this case, yes, the dibble are on record as saying that were he not most inconveniently dead they would be charging him.

I wonder if Planet X will get a mention for spending several thousand quid on Savile bikes, the very week before the news of his pervy ways finally broke into the mainstream?

Last edited:

Chislenko

Veteran

It's all very well going wow cookie, I am just asking questions.

As I pointed out in my first post I am not defending or convicting the bloke.

Is it wrong for me, or anyone else to ask questions, or should we blindly believe everything we are told by the media?

I will reiterate my statement from my first post "I am not taking sides with J. Saville"

Hopefully the message will have got through now that I am not defending the person in question before other people show righteous indignation.

Please read the whole post not just the part you want to get offended by.

Dolorous Edd

If anyone wants any reminders of what a terrible person he was, this clip is an outtake from the kids show Jim’ll fix it.
Aside from the basic issues of his behaviour. Which were clearly wrong. How was it acceptable for the women to wear those clothes?

View: https://youtu.be/reKolILlU4k

It jars today, but in the early 80s it wasn't all that unusual to see women dressed like that on TV. The Benny Hill show ran until 1989, for example.

Jody

Stubborn git
As far as I am aware, other people may know better, but Jimmy Saville was never actually prosecuted for anything.

Do all the people who are condemning him know for certain that he has committed these crimes?

Who cares? He's dead now, thank goodness.

Top Bottom