Steve Wright's Serious Jockin'...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
[QUOTE 5138629, member: 9609"]I think they all just get too boring, predictable and repetitive, much prefer it when any of them are on holiday and someone else is standing in. I could save the beeb a fortune and bin off all the high paid stars, caus they be the last ones I like.

Even evans might be OK once or twice a month, but every day - jeez[/QUOTE]
Ever thought that a very large number of people enjoy these shows?
I think they might be a bit miffed if they were taken off the air because you disliked them.

Drago

Legendary Member
He doesn't look as trim as he once did.

2503519.main_image.jpg

He needs a bicycle!

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Chris Evans is ok on the breakfast show, I catch the last half hour of it after whatever the eight o'clock thing on R4 is called.

He was a disaster when he took over Drive Time from Johnny Walker who was not just a great presenter but his taste in music matched mine. Simon Mayo just gets on my nerves.

Dave7

Legendary Member
@irw congrats are the slot.
Sadly(IMO) there are so few DJs/presenters that are worth listening to.
Chris Evans.....he comes on-radio goes off.
Ken Bruce.....good in small doses. I do enjoy Popmaster.
Steve Wright.....used to really enjoy him but as others have said....very dated. Cant stand his Serious Jockin.
I really must get a life :smile:

Last edited:

johnnyb47

Guru
When Chris Evans took over the breakfast show I did initially like it , but it's now become somewhat like "ground hog" day whilst driving to work. He plays the same jingles and sound effects virtually right down to the second every single morning. I literally know when he's going to play them at ,within a 1/4 mile section of road I'm traveling on. It gets quite depressing and repetitive ,knowing that everyday you go past a certain landmark you will hear either the Tarzan sound effects, the irritating French horn he insists on using ( which constantly reminds of the cheesy radio presenter that stood in for Robin Williams in the film "Good Morning Vietnam".
How much more "how do you like your eggs in the morning" jingle do we have do endure before he frys my few remaining brain cells. I've now switched to Forces radio station. It's more random and keeps me more entertained with things like name the year quizzes. :-)

johnnyb47

Guru
It's strange but I can't stand watching Jonathon Ross on tv. I just irritates the hell out of me ,but when he's on the radio I really enjoy his shows. Graham Norton is the same except I can't listen to him on the radio , but I do enjoy his tv shows :-) :-)

johnnyb47

Guru
I often listen to internet radio whilst driving. On a dark dreary commute to work, its quite uplifting listening to some holiday resort radio stations such as Oasis from the Canary Isles. You almost forget the cold damp grey weather we are enduring here back in good old Blighty for the daily grind to work.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Ken Bruce read an email of mine twelve months ago. It was about having a Sunday League version of pop master in addition to the Champion's League he has at the end of the year. Listeners comments were coming in throughout the show.

My claim to fame and immortality.

Top Bottom