Steve Wright's Serious Jockin'...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julia9054

Guru
When my kids were still at school, they were a horn section called Tweak Brass that hired themselves out to back local rock and pop bands. They got played on Radio 1 backing a local band called Rosie in an up and coming artists feature. Their claim to radio fame!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I was on the Sausage Sandwich game on Danny Bakers Radio 5 show a couple of weeks ago. My 15 minutes of fame.
Who was the celebrity and did you go for red sauce, which is the correct answer

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
He is paid £500 - £550k for basically repeating his show from 20 years ago.

Seriously lucrative recyclin' - no 'g'

;)

My claim to fame? I've had a couple of 'Big Screen Belters' on Chris Evans Breakfast Show - both Blondie tracks, co-incidentally

But to be fair, breakfast radio has been rubbish since Chris Moyles left Radio 1 (I don't have DAB in the car so can't listen to him on Radio X)
I listened to his replacement Nick Grimshaw twice. The second time was because I couldn't believe how bad he was the first time...

Drago

Legendary Member
Most of us lose muscle and gain fat as we age.

Not the mighty Drago. I'm an age defying medical miracle.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
How I miss Kenny Everett, one of the best DJ's of all time.

One thing I find with celebrety stand ins for the professional presenters is that they talk too much. Al Murray is the worst for that, funny on TV but mind numbingly boring on the radio.

Until recently R2 was the only thing I could pick up in the car. It's a Japanese import and the radio only covers lower end of the spectrum used here in UK. Bought a DAB dashboard widget and have the radio tuned into the frequency it outputs. Money well spent.

johnnyb47

Guru
Until recently R2 was the only thing I could pick up in the car. It's a Japanese import and the radio only covers lower end of the spectrum used here in UK. Bought a DAB dashboard widget and have the radio tuned into the frequency it outputs. Money well spent.
That's what I've got on in mine. It's a Pure highway 400 dab adaptor and have been really pleased with it so far :-)

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
[QUOTE 5138594, member: 45"]I wish someone would stop transmitting Steve Wright, but let him carry on with his show and just not tell him it's not going out. Then replace him with Mark and Lard.[/QUOTE]
This.
Sorry folks, I just can’t see how anybody can listen to SR’s show and not cringe. It’s a truly awful load of overinflated guff.

I commend the @User plan to the house... but sadly don’t expect to see it pass :-(

Top Bottom