Steve Wright's Serious Jockin'...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Thankfully he’s finally off.
Not a moment too soon.

DRM

Guru
Craig Charles and Anna Matronic have also been axed, their last Saturday night shows might be tonight.:sad:

There is a god after all, Craig Charles is ok presenting TV programs, but his radio shows were like someone doing a really, really bad impression of a DJ, as for Steve Wright he was funny when he first appeared in the eghties, but he’s very much past his sell by date

Mike_P

Guru
To be fair, he was good for the first few years but is long past his sell by date. I've no idea what Scott Mills is like, not having listened to R1 for years.

Scott Mills is a regular replacement for Ken Bruce. Never really listened until Bauer killed the local station with GHR and Wright was okay in short bursts until the sacked local presenters got together to bring back the local station.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Not surprised at Steve Wright going; I found him simply embarrassing to listen to.

Craig Charles is OK, Ana Matronic mostly played tunes with little in between but was OK for a night-time drive. The weekend changes are here: https://radiotoday.co.uk/2022/06/major-weekend-schedule-changes-at-bbc-radio-2-this-summer/

I only tend to listen to Radio 2 whilst driving, usually for the traffic. In the new Honda I've been listening to a different set of stations on DAB rather than Radio 2.

There is a god after all, Craig Charles is ok presenting TV programs, but his radio shows were like someone doing a really, really bad impression of a DJ, as for Steve Wright he was funny when he first appeared in the eghties, but he’s very much past his sell by date

Sacrilege lol

I really like his House Party, his Funk and Soul show not so much.

Think yourself lucky you're not in Wales and have Scott Quinnell as a radio presenter. Not serious jocking but serious joke.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
How Steve Wright has remained a broadcaster for the last 30 years beyond me. Utterly appalling. The sad part is there must be millions of listeners who will be disappointed to hear the news. ☹️

Next we need Jeremy "Daily Mail on speed" Vine off the air. Another appalling broadcaster.

My big worry is my wife listens to both. Long car journeys are difficult. 🤣

If I want radio music in the car I tune into Smooth.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Steve Wright must be the only guy not to realise these were parodies -

1656744065880.png

Top Bottom