Steve Wright's Serious Jockin'...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That'll be the crack cocaine.

I think I need some!

winjim

Smash the cistern
I became aware of Steve Wright due to him being relentlessly slagged off by Oink! comic back in the late '80s. He was irritating 35 years ago and nothing much has changed. Here he is being presented with the most irritating DJ award 1987 by John Peel.

1656771129341.png

DRM

Guru
Only on Radio 2. He's still got the SIX shows on 6Music.
Plus the Gadget Show.
Plus his festival work.
And didn't he have a game show on the TV too ? The guy never sleeps ! Amazing workload !

I can't describe how disheartening it was after flicking round the various DAB Stations in the van, due to them all dropping in & out, to get a good strong signal from 6Music, to have my lug 'oles assaulted by Craig Charles and his dreadful DJ impression, he's one step below the ultimate irritant, Chris Evans, and a step above Jeremy Whine

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
At least SW went with good grace, accepting his time was up and wishing his replacement well.

Unlike Jimmy Young and DLT, two self entitle pricks who had to be dragged out kicking and screaming and moaning about how hard done by they were.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
I thought he accepted the decision with equanimity. Good for him.

johnnyb47

Guru
I used to enjoy Steve Write in the late 80s early 90s. His show's were funny to listen to ,but nowadays I find he plays alot of depressing middle of the road American music.
Elaine Page is another one that should go, I can't listen to her for more than a few minutes before switching the radio over.That laugh as she has is out of a horror show 😬

Mike_P

Guru
With computerised play out systems with tracks predetermined days ( or months / years in advance given the repetitive nature of most of Globals and Bauers output) a change of presenter is hardly likely to change the type of tracks played

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I think Talk TV should offer him a job. He's still a decent broadcaster in my opinion. Even though some might say I'm living in the past.🧐

I wonder if Damian the social worker is still working for the Social Services?🤔

Last edited:
I think Talk TV should offer him a job. He's still a decent broadcaster in my opinion. Even though some might say I'm living in the past.🧐

He's still working for the BBC. He has tried TV in the past but definitely prefers radio.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

A while back I read an article on musical preferences which is slightly tangential to your post but relates to living in the past.

Apparently, around 80% of people over 40-50 years of age tend to settle on an era or genre of music that they tend to stick with for life.

This explains why some people get stuck in the 70's, 80's or heavy rock etc.

Goes some way to explaining why many people can tolerate Radio 2's musical output.

Top Bottom