Stevenage CTC End of summertime Ride.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevevw

Guru
List of confirmed entrants now up!

Tynan is there!

Now for some overshoes and arsing around with the gpx file, route sheets and find my loving crafted route sheet holder

Tynan no need for all that bother just ride with us we know the way.

Tynan

Veteran
Good

none the less self sufficiency and all that and you sure as hell ain't gonna ride from my house to the start and back again afterwards (although I have gpxed that) and keep my feet warm and dry

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Good

none the less self sufficiency and all that and you sure as hell ain't gonna ride from my house to the start and back again afterwards (although I have gpxed that) and keep my feet warm and dry

Tynan, word of caution:- I have done a ride with Steve before where he has known the way and used his Garmin, lets just say "his way" was different to the "official way" :thumbsup:

Tynan

Veteran
hmpf

I hopefully remember the trickier turnings, I should from the time spent staring at the routesheet and certain stretches of Herts countryside

Towards the end I'll be able to do it in the dark

Although I do have this ride completely muddle with the Stevenage SEG75 ride

Klaus

This will be my first Audax ever - I had booked a ride in July but the flu got to me the day before !! Desparately trying to avoid the coughing and sneezing all around me.
Hopefully the weather is similar to this weekend - I regularly now do 30 miles on Sundays and a few odd miles during the week. So this should be fun!

BTW, does anyone know whether the car park in the park is free or "pay & display"? If so I will bring some change to feed the meter .... coming 50 miles from High Wycombe.

Tynan

Veteran
free

riding with the CC posse?

Camrider

free

riding with the CC posse?

What sort of time do the posse expect to do?

Tried to see if the entrants list had been updated, but the website's down as they have exceeded their bandwith limitations, hope they get it sorted before the week end.

Camrider

Thanks - I'll expect to be riding mostly on my own - won't be able to keep up with the racers!

Hopefully you will end up riding with a few others at your own pace. This is only my second ride, and on the 1st I ended up riding with 4 other audax newbies (we only had 3 previous rides between the 5 of us), it certainly makes the ride more enjoyable to have a few others to chat with and share the route finding with.

Top Bottom